Ian_Giles

Re: rain wet days
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 08:58:00 pm »
My Sister lives in Spain (Estapona, just South of Marbella) and every house has more bars on the windows than Pentonville prison :o How do you manage cleaning windows in Spain? or do you have to do them all from the inside?

And talking of rain out there, they tend to have a lot more of it in the winters now too, which comes as a shock to the villas systems! They don't have gutters on most of them and are not designed to cope with protracted periods of rainfall :o
My Brother in law has even fitted central heating to his villa 8)

They are lucky in one other respect, they have their own Gurdia Civil officer as their gardner, a nifty thing to have for getting things like speeding tickets binned  ;)

His wife is their housekeeper too :o

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Duke

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 09:10:33 pm »
I'm not sure about there...but on my round, some of the houses have patio doors to the rear on the 1st floor with bars (crap design) but anyway...what I have to do with the pole is wiggle it in sideways, then clean as normal...same to get the brush out. A bit of a pain, but I cope. If it was my place I'd weld and cut and fit hinges. It would be nice if the head could swivel to the vertical for easier acces through the rungs...but hey-ho...they don't....I guess we just have to find a way....

Duke

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 09:19:49 pm »
having said that...I can turn the brush head around...but the angle changes and it's wrong to clean with...still, it's early days for WFP domestic in this country, I'm sure loads of innovative ideas are about to explode onto the scene...can't wait.
I also had a really productive thread on Foggie's site (sorry Peter) about my ally twistgrip pole slipping. I should have realised....but then I'm dumb....clean the pole sections...grit makes it slip...doh !

karlosdaze

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 11:22:19 pm »
My Sister lives in Spain (Estapona, just South of Marbella) and every house has more bars on the windows than Pentonville prison :o How do you manage cleaning windows in Spain? or do you have to do them all from the inside?
You can take them out (80% of the time), or you learn a method to squeegee in the gaps you have. Most wc jobs you get the inside as well.