rosskesava

Just couldn't get going
« on: January 25, 2005, 10:55:06 pm »
Toady we just couldn't get going.

Today started blinkin cold at 9am and the first job we do is a flat of a lady whose mother runs a cafe on the coast (which was also on todays round) and she told us her father had died very recently.

We tactfully made our apologies and didn't do her windows as it seemed not the right time.

Not a good start.

When we got to the next job the heavens opened with sleet and snow (which melted straight away) so we sat in the van for 30 minutes trying to decide whether to write the day off or carry on. Then we call on the lady and she's out anyway.

As we were still debating about the weather we decide to get a take away coffee  and at the first cafe we go to the coffee machine had broken down and the coffee at the second place was cold and they'd forgotten the sugar anyway.

When we get to the next job (6 all almost next to each other) - there's no where to park. Usually spaces become available every few minutes but today we drive round the block about 20 times and not one space.

We abandon that and I then realise I forgotten my mobile so I can't tell any of those customers that their windows weren't being done today.

We get to the next job on the list to discover that we'd left all the mops and cloths behind.

By now it was 1pm so we give up and go home.

Anyone else had days like that?

Duke

Re: Just couldn't get going
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 05:19:20 pm »
yeah...one or two.....it seems that some days were just not meant to happen....in this event, rather than it being a total loss...I jump on something else I need to do....anything from paperwork to going shopping....there's always 'something' to do...even if it's just go home and do some decorating or whatever....