Ian_Giles

WFP Hose.....A gripe!
« on: January 11, 2005, 07:50:20 am »
I have one major gripe about hoses with WFP, or a minor one depending on your point of view.
I tend to use my trolley system as a mini van system from the back of the car (well, mostly) and to do so meant getting 50m of standard garden hose (not the cheap variety) a hose reel (manual as it holds more hose that auto reel ones) and the various step up/down connectors to fit the larger hose to my Pole Hose.

All pretty straight forward stuff, and I try to use the most robust of connectors I can find.
Now the connection that I push the one end of the Pole Hose into the larger hose is either made of aluminium or brass, very solid and strong looking.
It is also a one way valve.

I have been using WFP since April 2004 and I have had to replace this bloody joint several times >:( >:(
It is of course not being used for the purpose that it was originally designed for. A great bit of kit for plugging various tools for the garden :) But no good for dragging and banging around on the floor 30ft away from your hand :(

This has nothing to do with any WFP manufacturer, it's all to do with the way I've connected up the 2 hoses. The part costs less than a fiver, but it is driving me mental  :o
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have to be quite gentle with it all the time, and try not to drag the hose by the smaller Pole Hose else I will pull the 'quick fit' connector out :-\
And if you put it under too much strain it will go 'tits' up' that much quicker :'(

And the blasted thing did so yesterday when I was half way through a job >:( And of course I did not have the spare one I keep promising myself I will get just in case that happens :'(

I have seen that some of the other systems have a different set up with their connectors, but they don't look very compatible with my system.

How do you others connect up the 2 different size hoses?

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Re: WFP Hose.....A gripe!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 07:57:59 am »
Ian,

Have a look at our pole control valve and hose ball at http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/HOSES__HOSEREELS_AND_RECOIL_HOSES.html.  Thay might help.

Andrew

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 02:17:10 pm »
Andrew,
Those bits look useful ;) Methinks I will order some and give them a whirl ;D............Once I've finished my tax return and paid my bill :'( :'(

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pureandclean

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 07:12:45 pm »
I have a flow valve and then a stop-end, I have the valve set at the flow level that I want, and turn water off by disconnecting at stop-end...water turns off instantly.
In the van, a 100psi pump with pressure cut-out, turns off after about 30 seconds.

::) Blessings  ::)

Graeme

karlosdaze

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 01:48:29 pm »
Till then, use some scotch silver tape.

Duke

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 07:45:21 pm »
I'm working on a new system as we speak. I'm not going to go into it yet....just watch this space...if it work's out...all will be revealed.