john meehan

upvc cleaning
« on: January 06, 2005, 07:32:06 pm »
what is the best way to clean upvc windows and conservatories and which products work best replies much appreciated thanks john

Duke

Re: upvc cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 04:13:35 pm »
water fed pole for me...fly round conservatories in no time.

louisthe3rd

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 11:05:10 pm »
Petrol Pressure Washer mate take it from me much cheaper and  and works a treat..... just make sure you get a long hose to the lance.. bought mine second hand at a bargain of £90 for a briggs and stratton but i had to get it fixed as the pressure wasnt working properly but the machine has made me loads through the bad weather and is worth about £800

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 02:22:26 pm »
if it is just straight forward cleaning then WFP is by far the best method, pressure washer might be ok on cladding, not a lot of cop on windows though as you still have to clean them afterwards, the glass that is ::)

Advtantage with WFP is that you are using a brush and not a high pressure lance, its low pressure too of course so you are not affected the higher you go. pluss of course the pure water being used leaves everything clean.

If you are talking about cleaning up faded and old UPVC that has been weathered then you can use anything from T cut to Jif (ok, ok, Cif  >:()
Got to be quite labour intensive I would have thought though,

I can't comment any further on that myself as I haven't had to do it, quite a few on the forums have though, there have been quite a few threads on the topic.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pureandclean

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 02:31:50 pm »
before I started using wfp, I used to use Jif with bleach spray for cleaning upvc.....it seemed to work better than the special upvc cleaning chemicals I had come across, and many of my customers used it them selves for doing downstairs frames.
Since wfp have had only one request to clean frames...but I am thinking about offering special clean to remove the gray/black run marks at bottom of windows...but would have to use the ladders again for that !!

::) Blessings  ::)

Graeme