Smudger

Re: Looking for a new van
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2023, 11:04:17 pm »
I brought the Maxus deliver 9 18 months ago 18k + Vat - I think they are now 25K  ::)roll

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2023, 09:53:50 am »

yes thats a real shame  ;)

Available in the UK?
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2023, 03:11:13 pm »
You didn’t ask that  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2023, 05:13:55 pm »
I brought the Maxus deliver 9 18 months ago 18k + Vat - I think they are now 25K  ::)roll

Darran

What do you think of it ? A mate of mine has one and he says it’s brilliant and looking at getting another one to replace a Renault master , I have driven his and it seams a nice van

Smudger

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2023, 06:19:25 pm »
Not as solid as a transit - but I would say up to the standard of a French van

Got some nice features and reasonably quiet - as yet no issues either bodywork or engine ( if memory serves its a Merc diesel )

I would have got a second but I needed something a bit longer this time so opted for an L3 Boxer 21 plate

Have noticed more and more of them on the road - which is good - it means there will be spare parts  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2023, 10:14:57 pm »
You didn’t ask that  ;D

I have now.

Smudger

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2023, 09:47:42 am »
Don’t know 🤣🤣🤣

Jack Judd

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2023, 09:08:30 pm »
If you don't upgrade your van, are you not liable to have pay lots more tax and still be left with potential banger.  You dont need to buy a new one,  just get rid of some proft?? 

AuRavelling79

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2023, 10:43:10 pm »
If you don't upgrade your van, are you not liable to have pay lots more tax and still be left with potential banger.  You dont need to buy a new one,  just get rid of some proft??

Never by something you don't need for tax purposes. Never replace a vehicle if it is sound and reliable for tax purposes.

When you NEED a new vehicle and buy it you can offset it against tax.

Of course you might choose an unusually high profit year (if you have one) to make the purchase.

Jack Judd

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2023, 04:02:48 pm »
ok will take that on board.  I am in that situation where I have a 10 year old van that was bought for 2500 to replace a vivario that blow up at 70k.  2012 model and all the trouble they bought with injectors.  good profit year.  It as lasted really well. Will need to replace the van maybe next year, so it would be a year early, but if i dont do it this year profit will just go to tax and I will still need to buy a van soooonish  but with less proft.  profit from next year would then go on investing in further necessary eqiupment.  Hot box, replace poles etc.