dazmond

Re: Locked gates
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2021, 07:50:03 am »
i just do the front and in the quote give them 2 prices one for front and one for front and back   very rare  people forget

i have one who is in the navy  she goes away a lot so i email and text first if no answer. i will go anway  get the small ladder out and straddle  but thats just one    ::)roll    theres always one
its always the monday morning crew  who forget   as i have texted them friday or saturday

I would never text a customer on a Fri or Sat in the hope they will remember to leave their gate unlocked on a Monday morning! ::)roll ;D

It's always the evening before the clean at around 7pm....
price higher/work harder!

M.c.s

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2021, 08:23:47 am »
 ::)roll

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2021, 09:26:10 am »
Anyone experiencing more customers keeping their gates locked even when they've been texted the night before? Don't know whether people are more security conscious.

Doing my head in. Wastes time and if I can only do the front lost money.

Then you get people calling back asking you to go back to do the back!! ....errr NO

we just charge them full price if we have come on the stated day and not able to access due to locked gates or something.

never been an issue and means we dont loose out on earnings
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2021, 05:56:18 pm »
its extremely rare for us to get a locked gate ( padlock or key ) as they have the next clean date in advance - gates with a draw bolt are  opened using a pole with a hook - then locked again

any others are front only - as per splash we won't climb over due to H&S (in fact I have 3 customers that specify not to climb over and if they forget will pay full clean price

Darran

So any that forget you make pay full price?

How is that received?

Same, I just explain at the time of quoting that I offer the service of texting the night before, but this means that if the gate is not unlocked I clean what is accessible but the price remains the same.

Had one yesterday and she’s still paid full price just now and text an apology to me also.

Aslong as you are clear from the outset there’s no issue.

Will give it a go. Thanks

sorry if the post was confusing - I have 3 customers with padlocks on gate that have neither given us a key or combination
they also specify that no climbing over is permitted - THESE pay full price even if we only clean the front
Off the top of my head 99.9% of my cleans have a draw bolt
if we do, and I cant think of the last time we came across a rogue locked gate then yes we adjust accordingly

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2021, 06:53:33 pm »
I Jump over, don’t even use a ladder, just pull up and hoist over, Rambo style.

Won’t be doing that when I’m older though.

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2021, 08:18:12 pm »

What's the rolly eyes for? ;D

Anyone with a bit of common sense would text a customer the night before not 2 or 3 days before their due round! ;D....no wonder they forget!
price higher/work harder!

M.c.s

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2021, 08:34:22 pm »

Anyone with a bit of common sense would text a customer the night before not 2 or 3 days before their due round! ;D....no wonder they forget!

well i have got common sense   for your information

SB Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2021, 08:40:35 pm »

I agree

Complete madness texting 2 or 3 days before, most of my lot would definitely forget.

M.c.s

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2021, 08:55:48 pm »

I agree

Complete madness texting 2 or 3 days before, most of my lot would definitely forget.

i will say this   i didnt ask for your opinions  and its true about this platform.   not much help  and just brag and bully  dont cry too much . ???

goodbye

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2021, 10:27:49 pm »

Lol I remember those days well but sadly they are no more 😂😂😂😂

james peters

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2021, 12:45:45 am »

What's the rolly eyes f

I agree

i will say this   i didnt ask for your opinions  and its true about this platform.   not much help  and just brag and bully  dont cry too much . ???

goodbye
goodness ??? you have been given great advice .... you did ask for opinions and you didnt like the answer  ::)roll

KS Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2021, 01:26:34 am »

I agree

goodbye
I’m sorry but what Daz said makes perfect business sense, no bragging or bullying involved whatsoever.

zesty

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2021, 09:59:28 am »

Lol I remember those days well but sadly they are no more 😂😂😂😂

Comes to us all!

I’m just not there yet  ;D

advanced

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2021, 04:50:38 pm »
I have a small ladder  6 section  that splits into two up one side down other  job done

Mike Burd

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2021, 09:26:40 am »

I agree

goodbye
It's not an airport. No need to announce your departure.  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2021, 12:25:11 pm »

Not just that but what if I decide the night before I want the following day off  :D

Whole point of being self employed is flexibility I wouldn't want to book jobs in 3 days in advance.

It's as bad as those who give a next clean date, what's all that about ? No idea when I will be round next.. when I get there!

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2021, 12:29:05 pm »

I used to do this as well on occasion.

Last time I did it, my belt got caught on the fence ..rived my trousers up my arse and snapped the panel in half  ;D

I stuck it back on and never went back lol

Bungle

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2021, 01:49:14 pm »

I used to do this as well on occasion.

Last time I did it, my belt got caught on the fence ..rived my trousers up my arse and snapped the panel in half  ;D

I stuck it back on and never went back lol

Proper lolz 😂
We look at them, they look through them.

EnglishDave

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2021, 04:29:32 pm »
Not wanting to sound militant but my policy is the price is for the whole or part of the house.  I run 8 weekly, after each clean the invoice is sent with the following date on the invoice, t&c's on each invoice.

We don't txt prior to cleaning, the following date is on the invoice, means they have around 7 weeks and 6 days to forget.  I am very clear, responsibility for access is the customers, not mine.

Everyone like to put the responsibility on others, why ? Its easy, I just make it very clear its not mine.

My advice this way is to do what you say.... First time gate/access to not available bill them. 

This may not work for you but having a scheduled service does mean if I cannot clean, I lose money on the day and cannot make it up.

I am friendly and polite but I run a business and the vatman wants his money as does the wife and a hundred other people each month.

I schedule the date, customer ensures what they want cleaned is accesable....its a fair system. In the event the customer really wants me to return, I am happy to do so provided time and travel costs can be met.

Again this is not meant to come across all bolshy, merely have learned what works best for me. I have tried the cheeky-chappie 'doormat' approach .....give an inch and they'll take a mile was what I found.

Cheers Dave.

windowswashed

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2021, 05:54:23 pm »
I try to avoid picking up work with locked gates unless they are electric or I have a key or the number for the combination and give them two prices in case they should forget but if locked backs won't be cleaned again until next duration.