Power Clean Patios and Driveways

best window cleaning ladders
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:39:46 am »
Hi all
it is my first season window cleaning and would appreciate any advice on the best ladder to purchase? I'm only working domestic so would not think I need anything fancy. Also, any tips for a first timer in this business would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Clive

Smudger

Re: best window cleaning ladders
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:06:50 am »
Welcome Clive

I would have thought 3 meter double would be a good all rounder - pointers are probably the best if using all day every day

make sure you get a trade set not just a cheap domestic set

do plenty of searches on here for a good source of info

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 12:06:08 pm »
Titan ladders

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 01:20:04 pm »
Lyte ladders. 3m double extension ladder will be more than adequate for modern  two story houses, 3.5m double extension may be required for older style properties.

Granny

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 01:20:46 pm »
Whatever double ladder you go for one of these will be a great asset and could save you an injury Pointers are the safest and most stable ladder.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 01:29:12 pm »
I don’t know if they are still going but WCS ladders in Essex were superb ladders back in the day,the Ali ones they sold just hooked over on the run no need for all that locking with the bar each time. 
They were used obviously daily and they lasted years before anything needed to be replaced,the only thing in fact I replaced on 4-5 I got from them was the very hard wearing rubber feet,nothing lasts these days.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 03:07:37 pm »
Welcome Clive

I would have thought 3 meter double would be a good all rounder - pointers are probably the best if using all day every day

make sure you get a trade set not just a cheap domestic set

do plenty of searches on here for a good source of info

Darran

Thanks for the welcome Darren and for the advice,much appreciated. I will take a look now.

Clive

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 03:09:51 pm »
Thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated

Clive

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 03:38:15 pm »
LYTE ladders have nice, big 'D' RUNGS, angled to be flat on your foot with the ladder at it's usable angle. Top quality, light and strong with good rubber feet.👍
I've always had a 3.5m double along with a pointer too.

Have you considered wfp?
Comfortably Numb!

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 06:40:43 pm »
Easiest way to check the correct ladder angle is to stand with the tip of your boots touching the base of the ladder feet and your arms  extended should be able to touch your ladders at shoulder height. (1 in 4)  :)

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 06:55:11 pm »
Hi all
it is my first season window cleaning and would appreciate any advice on the best ladder to purchase? I'm only working domestic so would not think I need anything fancy. Also, any tips for a first timer in this business would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Clive

I think you need a check up from the neck up mate....why do you want to climb ladders when you don't have to these days?

Water fed pole will be easier and safer....
price higher/work harder!