Poll

Do you work in the rain.

I don’t work in the rain because I don’t like getting wet.
I don’t work in the rain because I believe my customers wouldn’t want me to.
I work in the rain.

AuRavelling79

Re: Working in rain.
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2017, 09:51:41 pm »
Window = Vertical
Car roof and bonnet = horizontal.

It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2017, 09:52:38 pm »
Maybe its just how you clean then, cause my windows dont get dirty on the same day which i clean them if it happens to rain later in the day.
 ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 10:06:31 pm »
Window = Vertical
Car roof and bonnet = horizontal.
Good point

KS Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 10:13:01 pm »
Maybe its just how you clean then, cause my windows dont get dirty on the same day which i clean them if it happens to rain later in the day.
 ;D ;D
  Now why didn't I think of that? I will take a look at one of your you tube videos to improve my technique ;D ;D ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 10:23:15 pm »
 ;D ;D
  Now why didn't I think of that? I will take a look at one of your you tube videos to improve my technique ;D ;D ;D

https://media.giphy.com/media/APcFiiTrG0x2/giphy.gif
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Steve Newres

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2017, 06:39:50 am »
All this business about rain making the windows dirty is the type of stubborn old thinking that I expect customers to have, not other window cleaners on wfp systems.

Have you ever collected rain water and tested it with your tds meter? I suggest you do! But not from your down pipe as that will collect further dirt from the roof tiles etc.
Yes, for rain to form it does need dust particles but test some rain water in a cup and share the info on here.
Then take into account how we clean with wfp compared to using soap etc with traditional equipment and you will find your answer.

I clean in the rain and I clean every four weeks and guess what? Im cleaning virtually clean windows and frames every time!  Its amazing really because it rains quite a bit within the 4wks between visits and according to you lot, I should be cleaning filthy windows.............. Dont figure    ::)roll ::)roll
Why would I want to go to the trouble of collecting rainwater when I have a much easier and accurate way of checking if the rain leaves marks on windows, I simply look out of my living room window and hey presto! the answer is staring me in the face. Funnily enough I also have a few cars on my drive that are often spotless before the rain comes then after the rain passes guess what? they are left with marks once it dries up.
If you want to work in heavy rain  and your customers are happy for you to do so then bash on, but you need to stop kidding yourself on that you are some kind of window cleaning guru.
The cars on the drive isn’t exactly scientific. Were they just cleaned and therefore no dust at all? The test would be cleaning them in the rain and seeing what they look like after.
My car is valeted on my drive once a week by one of my customers so I know when it's clean and when it's not. I can't carry out your scientific test because for some reason he doesn't clean cars when it's raining, can't for the life of me work out why not. I think he really needs to join some car cleaning forum where the members say  it's ok to clean  cars in all weathers ;D
All the car valeting sites are open in the rain so perhaps he does.

Johnny B

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2017, 07:04:35 am »
I asked my customers how they would feel about me cleaning their windows in the rain, and their responses told me all I need to know.

I don't work in anything more than light drizzle, and even then, if it's not hitting the glass.

I'm in the south west of Ireland, so we see plenty of rain here!

I use the rainy days for doing gutter cleans, so unless it's hammering down I can usually keep going.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Missing Link

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2017, 08:49:19 am »
Why don’t you work in the rain?

I will work in the rain, but only when we're caught out, or if a job has been pre-booked (I can't be bothered re-booking jobs).

But given the choice, we usually don't, because it's more pleasant working in the dry.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Steve Newres

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »
Why don’t you work in the rain?

I will work in the rain, but only when we're caught out, or if a job has been pre-booked (I can't be bothered re-booking jobs).

But given the choice, we usually don't, because it's more pleasant working in the dry.
Oh. Just knowing that you and the mrs run, I was surprised a little bit of water would stop such intrepids.  ;D

Missing Link

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2017, 12:21:10 pm »
Oh. Just knowing that you and the mrs run, I was surprised a little bit of water would stop such intrepids.  ;D

I did a large part of a 46 mile ultra marathon in the wind and rain, but if it's raining and I want to run,  and if I have a choice in the matter, I'll hang on till it stops raining, then go and run.

Common sense applies at all times.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am