nathankaye

DIY trolley build part 1 New
« on: August 16, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
Im going to build my own trolley system, onto my existing trolley which i use with a gardiner backpack.
I know many have probably built there own and so i welcome any suggestion or tips on top of what ive said in the vid.

Ps...in the film i said im waiting on a digi controller, i meant to say an analogue controller.
So this is part 1 and part 2 will probably follow after the weekend when ive constructed it.
https://youtu.be/PyrF1VyfQ3k
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CleanClear

Re: diy trolley build part 1
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:49:18 pm »
That looks good and its a great idea to put the outlet at the bottom of the barrel as them small pumps are not generally self priming. I know its not finished yet but do you intend to sit the whole pump box under the barrel ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:15:12 pm »
That looks good and its a great idea to put the outlet at the bottom of the barrel as them small pumps are not generally self priming. I know its not finished yet but do you intend to sit the whole pump box under the barrel ?

Im planning on putting battery n pump into the junction box and sitting that at the back off the trolley, not underneath the barrel.
So perhaps feeding the inlet pipe in thru the bottom of the junction box to the pump and then the outlet perhaps to the right of the box.
Im working on sourcing a light weight hose reel or not to bother n just wrap the hose up as ive been doing already.
But cheers for support.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

mark m

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:05 pm »
I have made loads of videos regarding making trolleys I hope some of them might give you a few ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVdG5OY2u9s

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »
i just use a backpack on a little fold away trolley held on by a bungee.thats all thats needed for the few jobs that i actually used it on.
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »
Looks great nathan, love stuff like this.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 06:05:04 pm »

I used one of those pumps as part of a modification to my PF Trolley to lighten it, as it's roughly 1/4 of the weight of the Surflo and I can confirm that they do self prime.  In fact it primes faster than the Surflo especially if you use 8mm ID hose instead of the half inch that many trolleys come supplied with.  The only problem I had was because I use a Univalve.  The 115psi pressure was to much for it and once shut off you couldn't turn it back on.  But if you're not using a Univalve you shoudn't have a problem.  If you do you can lower the pressure switch rating by cutting 1-2mm off the spring.  2mm will reduce it to about 70psi which was more than enough for me. 
I also use a 12v 7ah battery and it gives a full days use running the pump flat out and with the above pressure switch mod made.  If you don't make that mod it doesn't quite make the full day.   At least that's been my experience.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

CleanClear

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 06:58:39 pm »
I used one of those pumps as part of a modification to my PF Trolley to lighten it, as it's roughly 1/4 of the weight of the Surflo and I can confirm that they do self prime.  In fact it primes faster than the Surflo especially if you use 8mm ID hose instead of the half inch that many trolleys come supplied with.

Ok fair enough, i got a few of similar type pumps from ebay and they where fine but did not self prime. But i also seen a guy making a few trolleys on a FB group, they looked great, but he had his feed in through the top and i asked him about priming and his was the same .... didn't self prime.

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 07:01:03 pm »

Im planning on putting battery n pump into the junction box and sitting that at the back off the trolley, not underneath the barrel.
So perhaps feeding the inlet pipe in thru the bottom of the junction box to the pump and then the outlet perhaps to the right of the box.
Im working on sourcing a light weight hose reel or not to bother n just wrap the hose up as ive been doing already.
But cheers for support.

I wouldn't bother with a hose reel for it. You can pull them trolleys right next to your leg, i'd just have a short lenght of hose with a tap, say......... 3 metres and thats it. Once you start adding hose reels etc  to it you start to lose the "portability" element of it i think.

tony day

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 07:07:40 pm »
Im going to build my own trolley system, onto my existing trolley which i use with a gardiner backpack.
I know many have probably built there own and so i welcome any suggestion or tips on top of what ive said in the vid.

Ps...in the film i said im waiting on a digi controller, i meant to say an analogue controller.
So this is part 1 and part 2 will probably follow after the weekend when ive constructed it.
Did your kid's help build it...?

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 07:17:51 pm »
Hi Nathan where did  you purchase checker plate and junction box from?
Spit and polish

Cookie

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 07:54:03 pm »
Looks good Nathan. One question however ...

How do you plan to secure the outlet on your 25L barrel? By the screw thread on the outlet it looks like it's secured by a plastic nut which needs to be inside the barrel.... Or do have another method?

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 08:00:06 pm »

Hey tony, thats the second post ive seen of yours where your talking about kids..........actualy ive only seen 2 of your posts!

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 08:18:18 pm »
I have made loads of videos regarding making trolleys I hope some of them might give you a few ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVdG5OY2u9s

Ive watched quite a number of your vids over last couple of years. Very good and informative.
Ive also recently watched a tonne load of vids on trolley builds as well, i think ive taken a couple of points and ideas from numerous to develop hopefully my own take. But more likely than not it will be similar to someones.

One vid i saw, one chap had a great idea for a light hose reel for his nano trolley (which looks a nice piece of kit, apart from weight n cost) which looked very smart. Only thing is, you need to buy a karcher type pressure washer and dismantle it!! 😂
Great if you had one thats died, but costly for a hose reel.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 08:23:41 pm »
Looks good Nathan. One question however ...

How do you plan to secure the outlet on your 25L barrel? By the screw thread on the outlet it looks like it's secured by a plastic nut which needs to be inside the barrel.... Or do have another method?

Good spot!
Im going to pierce a smaller than required size hole and force the screw thread in and either attempt to get a nut on the back of it (pending my wives willingness 😕  or else silicon glue to secure and added leak protection.  Hopefully will be strong enough that the draw from the pump doesnt vibrate it loose. It shouldnt with what ive got in mind which will become clear when its built
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

tony day

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 09:26:16 pm »

Hey tony, thats the second post ive seen of yours where your talking about kids..........actualy ive only seen 2 of your posts!
You only have 95 post remaining. Can you count that high!

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 12:56:07 am »
Great thing about insomnia is you have extra time on your hands. So near 1am what should i do, but to start a little work on the pump box.
A little update

https://youtu.be/G8E8ivUY6Rs
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 07:51:02 am »

You only have 95 post remaining. Can you count that high!

Erm...let me try.....1234569..oh cant be bothered! Better things to do.

8weekly

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 08:15:31 am »
As airlockcs are such a problem, would a clear container not be better?