dazmond

working hours this week.whats yours?
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:31:23 am »
MON:10am-230pm
TUESDAY:930am-330pm
WED:830pm-230pm
TODAY:8pm-3pm
TOMORROW:9am-3pm

30 mins for lunch and 30 mins for tea/coffee/cool down/chat etc a day so 24 hours actually working "on the glass".

thats a full week for me these days lads. ;)
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

Re: working hours this week.whats yours?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:49:29 am »
Too busy this week.

8 till 5-6 on the glass. Then all the usual quotes and admin side of things after that so far this week.

making hay while the sun shines.

8)

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:06:21 am »
Monday 9-11 (sorry daz ???)
Tuesday 9-2 normal day  :D
Wednesday 9-1:30 oops  ;D
Thursday 9-1 (no choice have to finish early to look after daughter whilst r lass goes to work)
Fri 9-3 at most although traditionally Friday is a half day so i dunno. Lol

Approx 21 hours cleaning. Maybe an hour total in breaks I generally don't stop for more than 10 mins a day.

20 hours roughly

My average is about 25 so yes guess I am a shirker after all.

jk999

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:22:19 am »
I'm not having a go dazmond but why do you need to ask this question what are you actually  gaining from it ,or are you just rubbing the guys noses in it that you have made a successful  round what makes you plenty of money .there will be guys on here that are jealous  of  you  putting everything  on here 1,you have a brand new van 2, you earn thousands a year and 3, you work less than 30 hours a week  to earn it ?I don't understand

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 08:47:02 am »
Agree with the above,

but then again why not - daz has his own company and works to suit his life style - is that lording over others / not really just an example of success

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

lal

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 09:33:49 am »

I don't think dazmond is rubbing peoples noses in it,  i think he is showing after many years in the business and experience he
  has gained through trial & error how he has tailored his round & working hours to suit him, I personally admire him and strive
  to work like he does, don't we all want a near perfect Work/Life balance.
  And he has got a new van, good luck to him, I'm hoping to get a nearly new van & system next year.

Lal

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 10:07:38 am »
Don't forget daz had been cleaning windows 20 odd years ?

It doesn't happen overnight. So if anyone strives to work like daz then keep striving but we all want to achieve different things. 

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 10:28:30 am »
Good for Daz.

Maybe worry about the tax man getting jealous ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 12:02:02 pm »
Daz is just showing us that he's short of work.  ;D

jk999

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 12:36:22 pm »
I understand what your all saying I have been cleaning over thirty odd years with a very successful round but I don't understand why people have to broadcast it all over this forum.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:31 pm »
I understand what your all saying I have been cleaning over thirty odd years with a very successful round but I don't understand why people have to broadcast it all over this forum.

been doing it for 8 - pretty much try to keep myself to myself - happy to advise where i can, but self employed life can be lonely ( in the business sense ) so sometime you just want to 'air' what you do/have achieved

i do the old biz brekkie club - been great to chew the fat and discuss things and find out that your not unique in facing problems,
this forum can also be a good outlet, just depends on how the perceive other posters

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 03:01:42 pm »

Don't forget the "admin" side of things.  ::)roll

That's the beauty of the internet. You can say what you want and nobody can disprove anything!

Apart from 8weekly having a brain. Easy to disprove, just read his posts.

;D

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 03:02:53 pm »

Insecure and trying to prove something to themselves?

robbo333

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »
Daz, as my dad used to say 'You can only push your body so far'  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 04:19:09 pm »
MON:10am-230pm
TUESDAY:930am-330pm
WED:830pm-230pm
TODAY:8pm-3pm
TOMORROW:9am-3pm

30 mins for lunch and 30 mins for tea/coffee/cool down/chat etc a day so 24 hours actually working "on the glass".

thats a full week for me these days lads. ;)

add on an hour a day for end of day jobs(purifying water,admin,etc)plus say an hour collecting on a monday evening takes me up to 30 hours a week.thats enough for me most weeks.sometimes i might do 35 hours but mostly its around 30.

whats the forum for jk999?its about all things window cleaning and sharing experience etc,etc.i dont get what your problem is mate?

jo5hm4n

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 05:57:03 pm »
Monday- 9am-5pm (non window cleaning related work)
Tuesday 10-5pm ( Lots of breaks)
Wednesday 10-6pm
Thursday 10-2pm - Finished window work for the week
Friday 10-2pm (non window cleaning related work)

Usually i do 4 days window cleaning per week though 7 hours on the glass, so 28 hours per week plus about 5 hours of admin/planning/collecting/faffing/anything else

It was hot, but there is still money to be made and work to be done, sooooo just get on with it  ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 06:31:38 pm »

its a window cleaning forum! ::)roll

about window cleaning!hours worked,earnings,equipment,problems etc,etc.its all relevant. :)

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 06:39:16 pm »
Daz is just showing us that he's short of work.  ;D
;D ;D ;D

more efficient is the word! ;D

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 08:30:11 pm »

Insecure and trying to prove something to themselves?

He's thinking Nathan is taking over the role of forum hob-numpty.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

sunshine windows

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 09:00:49 pm »
Monday- 8.45am (left house at 8.20am) till around 1.15pm
Tuesday - 9.30am till 10.45am
Wednesday - 9.00am till 11.45am
Today - Sweet FA
Tomorrow - about an hour

Very lucky to be in the position I'm in, but worked reasonably hard to get here. I probably only have between 5-8 days of regular work each month now, depending on what cycle certain jobs are on that have more done some months than others.

To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk