wpclean

Recommend a camera for website pics ?
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:06:02 am »
We need to take some high quality pictures for our website, and I know nothing about photography !               Anyone recommend a decent camera that doesn't cost a fortune please ?

Ta very much  ;D

rah

Re: Recommend a camera for website pics ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:24:30 am »
The camera is only part of the picture ;) You will be able to get pictures suitable with your phone!

You'll be fine with any half decent compact, mega pixels don't matter unless you want to print large images. Once you have the camera, then you need editing software, I use adobe lightroom / photoshop.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:03:21 am »
Looks good with a wide angle lens which will capture a large conny in small garden for instance , A wide compact lens is what estate agents use when taking photos in peoples houses .  Should be just the job mate

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 10:23:18 am »
If your only using them for website pretty much any modern camera will do including iPhones etc..

The problem occurs when wanting to use pictures on printed media or other like van wraps. Your camera needs to be able to produce RAW files these images are sharper and can be manipulated better than other types of file

A lot of compact zoom cameras even those of 300 quid plus don't have RAW files so the quality is no better than your phone

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk