buzzing

Re: WFP from my car, trolley or backpack?
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:39 am »

I guess the micro trolley then, if it's as easier to take in and out of the car.  The guy in Scotland won't have one for another two weeks mind you!  By the way, where do people buy there 25L barrels?

Get your barrels from a car wash,they will either give them away or charge
you pennies.

just give them a good rinse out.

Ok will do, if you rinse them with tap water won't that contaminate them for the pure water which needs to go in later?   (I am new to wfp!)

buzzing

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 10:22:12 am »
Where are these micro trolleys, I only found a Majorca window cleaners website saying "from the makers of aqua tap"
Are you referring to the trolley from Daqua, which ways a tonne

I was recommended to me on this thread-

Peter (Broxburn cleaning products)

rosskesava

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 10:30:22 am »
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Window Lickers

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2014, 11:08:51 am »

I guess the micro trolley then, if it's as easier to take in and out of the car.  The guy in Scotland won't have one for another two weeks mind you!  By the way, where do people buy there 25L barrels?

Get your barrels from a car wash,they will either give them away or charge
you pennies.

just give them a good rinse out.

Ok will do, if you rinse them with tap water won't that contaminate them for the pure water which needs to go in later?   (I am new to wfp!)

How much tap water are you planning on leaving in them? All of it - in which case yes it would.

You plan to empty them but leave the drops and residue in the bottom - then no, of course not.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Plankton

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »
Do you mean this trolley?

http://www.window-tools.com/water-fed-pole-trolley-system.htm
Looks like a terrorist has built it. Its a portable bomb.
If you have a suntan and a beard I would avoid it.

paul13

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2014, 06:18:00 pm »

Lmao ;D
Not the one in the pic.

I have jumped the gun a bit the micro trolley
won't be available for a couple of weeks
I'm told. I have a couple because I pestered
the life out of Peter for them. They are very
good as I've already said I will put a link
up when he adds them to his sight.

dai

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 11:01:00 am »
I have used a van, but then had the cost of running two vehicles. I have been using a trailer towed by my Passat for the last 4 years. I altered the trailer to suit my needs. It has a ramp for the trolley and carries 14 containers if working with my lad, less if working alone. I am still using the same DIY 50ltr  trolley system I desinged and made about 10 years ago, I am on my second varistream but the same original Surflo pump. The hose reel on the trolley holds 40 meters of micro bore [ I had to replace the original] so know worries dragging a trolley round the backs. My wife fills containers from the DI only system, twin vessels and a tap water TDS reading of 47 ppm
I couldn't do a lot of my round with a van mount without using 200 meters of hose.
Of course I could just put a tank in the trailer instead of 25 ltr containers, but with a mostly highly compact round I much prefer to work with the trolley. Even though it's all aluminium construction I can still stand on it to unlock back gates.

dai

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 11:48:26 am »
Nearly 10 years of solid graft and still as good as new.
]

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 05:38:06 pm »
i take my hat off to you dai still using barrels,trolleys and extel poles at your age!i couldnt do it.using a van mount and carbon poles have made my working day a lot easier. :)
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 07:49:15 pm »
The trolley dose have its advantages. However when I got back into window cleaning the round I bought came with equipment as the chap was packing it in. He had been using a 30ft glass fibre pole and a 35L trolley which wasn't high enough for pulling or pushing. 2 weeks later he stopped to chat while working and I showed him my new SLX-22 and DIY pump box on a trolley with 25L on top. He was in shock at the quality of the pole and realised that he had been punishing himself for years with c**p equipment.
Your trolley is good but you will benefit from a pole upgrade.

dai

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 08:58:50 pm »
The trolley dose have its advantages. However when I got back into window cleaning the round I bought came with equipment as the chap was packing it in. He had been using a 30ft glass fibre pole and a 35L trolley which wasn't high enough for pulling or pushing. 2 weeks later he stopped to chat while working and I showed him my new SLX-22 and DIY pump box on a trolley with 25L on top. He was in shock at the quality of the pole and realised that he had been punishing himself for years with c**p equipment.
Your trolley is good but you will benefit from a pole upgrade.
That's a Harris and weighs very little, I have a Brodex 35ft carbon that weighs a ton, and a 60ft superlite 2 that weighs naff all. If you look at the trolley it has twin pole carriers, It saves a lot of time being able to carry everything on the trolley, a carbon pole wouldn't like being carried in those carriers. The answer would be to fit different pole carriers with a cushioned rim. I am seriously considering a 25ft carbon SLX, it would save a lot of time being able to use one pole to do the first three levels. Im 72 on Wednesday so may treat myself.

paul13

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 09:19:24 pm »
72 Respect ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 10:06:46 pm »
I know a couple of guys who use the pure freedom trolly from the boots of their cars and it works very well for them.  However if your thinking back seat then a back pack would be far more appropriate than any trolly as most trollies just won't fit easily. You don't have to wear the back pack just sit it on the floor next to where you are working.

How many jobs do you do on the average Saturday?  If it's a lot do you really want to be struggling to squeeze a trolly into an awkward space repeatedly, especially if it's full of water.

As for poles, you say your doing mostly bungalows, so do you really need a big pole at the moment?  I'd recommend a gardiners clx or slx 18 or 22 foot pole.  These are short poles collapsed down and you can easily remove the brushes to make the even shorter.  Plus they are just very good poles.

Congrates on the baby.

Simon.

gary999

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 10:07:49 pm »
Dai king of the harris pole,saved me a lot of money over
the last five years matey :)

But i have  crossed over to the darkside now ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 10:40:15 pm »
For bungalows using a car.

Back pack, fold up trolley, barrels, hose, Harris pole cut down if needed.

Jeeez. This is like some type of soap that doesn't end.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Window Lickers

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 10:49:12 pm »
72 and still at it, fair play.

Still pushing them sprogs out Dai? How old is the youngest - 5? 6?
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2014, 07:04:40 am »
I think these wind up threads are the best . He's obviously had you all over . And now on the third page .oops he's just had me as well  ;D

dai

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 06:49:36 pm »
72 and still at it, fair play.

Still pushing them sprogs out Dai? How old is the youngest - 5? 6?
She is 4 and a half, a right dare devil, the misses walked in from the garden and caught her coming down stairs on a bleeding rocking horse, if my misses wasn't there she would have smashed into the front door. You couldn't make it up.

buzzing

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

Lmao ;D
Not the one in the pic.

I have jumped the gun a bit the micro trolley
won't be available for a couple of weeks
I'm told. I have a couple because I pestered
the life out of Peter for them. They are very
good as I've already said I will put a link
up when he adds them to his sight.

I called him- the Scottish fella, but he hung up.  Maybe try again next week?   Is this micro trolley going to be as good on the backseat if i use there and not boot as the backpack?

buzzing

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2014, 01:56:58 pm »
I know a couple of guys who use the pure freedom trolly from the boots of their cars and it works very well for them.  However if your thinking back seat then a back pack would be far more appropriate than any trolly as most trollies just won't fit easily. You don't have to wear the back pack just sit it on the floor next to where you are working.

How many jobs do you do on the average Saturday?  If it's a lot do you really want to be struggling to squeeze a trolly into an awkward space repeatedly, especially if it's full of water.

As for poles, you say your doing mostly bungalows, so do you really need a big pole at the moment?  I'd recommend a gardiners clx or slx 18 or 22 foot pole.  These are short poles collapsed down and you can easily remove the brushes to make the even shorter.  Plus they are just very good poles.

Congrates on the baby.

Simon.

Thanks.

I do a few not that many.  But going wfp I am sure I can get a lot more by knocking on doors- doing first floors and maybe second floors quicker will be quicker and earn more money than doing old dears bungalows only trad.

Apparently, this microtrolley can be squeezed in the passenger seat.  The handle folds down.  Obviously if it was a big trolley a backpack would be better.  The Scottish guy who sells them though still hasnt got back.