Mike #1

Re: is a web site the way to go ?
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23:49 pm »
Get Nathanael to build you one Mick he built mine plus he does hosting as well  www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk  he is a top guy and does a great job .

Colin a well built website is defo worth the extra spend i used a website builder for over a year and got 2-3 jobs form it ,

I then got Nat to build me a site and the work just keeps coming including 2 really big jobs which i have quoted for so the right website defo brings the work speak to Nathanael Jones  avondhu-internet.com he does all the SEO so will place well on google . Mike
hi mike thanks for that will be in touch with him
regards colin

The other guys mentioned are MUCH cheaper than me (I charge £375 and upwards for a site) - - I do believe that I offer similar value for money,.. but if your budget is tight I reckon you can't beat studio-arts. ;)

With respect to other guys you only get what you pay for the extra spend is defo worth it site design layout and overall appearance is far better if you spend a bit more .

Mine has paid for itself 10 times over and more . Mike

supernova77

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:58 pm »
Mick,

You should get a website for your canvassing business?

Andy

roundbuilder

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52:51 pm »
Mick,

You should get a website for your canvassing business?

Andy
Got something sort of in place but to be honest i dont want to have too many people to canvass for at any particular time.. I hate being stressed with not enough time to gef everything done so a website wont do me many favours just yet. Besides i need to gain a good rep and good feedback before i lash out any dollar advertising.

colin bird

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 11:02:28 pm »
Hi colin.
Roundbuilder@hotmail.com
hi mick will e mail you in the morning as on wife's I pad my pc is in office,well garage really regards colin

Smudger

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2013, 07:19:11 am »
Just to say - we are currently working with Nathanael Jones at present, he is brilliant to work with, if you are thinking of having a website designed, I would really recommend getting in touch with him.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

colin bird

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2013, 08:38:36 am »
Hi colin.
Roundbuilder@hotmail.com
hi mick will e mail you in the morning as on wife's I pad my pc is in office,well garage really regards colin
hi mick have e mailed you 8.25am thurs,would you let me know if you have received it.
regards colin

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2013, 03:51:42 pm »
Just to say - we are currently working with Nathanael Jones at present, he is brilliant to work with, if you are thinking of having a website designed, I would really recommend getting in touch with him.

LOL,.. So thats who you are on CIU!! I never made the connection before! Doh!  ::)roll ;D

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:55 pm »
Colin, I have a few sites and all have been very, very profitable. I was the first window cleaner in Shropshire to have a window cleaning website about 10 years ago. My business grew from 8K per annul to 36K in 3 years. It was all down to the website. There was NO competition, it was great. Times have changed though.

That said, websites ARE the way forward. My solar business has grown exponentially since I had my solar site built by www.discoverysquare.co.uk .  The site is being overhauled by the same company and the new look site will grow my business further for sure.

There are a lot of sharks out there. I know my man is good, I know Nat is good from what everyone on here says. Personally, I would steer clear of Vistaprint. They copied and pasted my whole window cleaning website for someone in my town. I got the whole site taken off the web and it has never re-appeared. They should know better than to copy and paste. Go with recommendations, not companies who ring you up.

Spending £500 on a website is a very worthwhile investment, better than any pole you can buy. The ROI is amazing if the site is built properly. :)

colin bird

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2013, 06:44:12 am »
Hi Steve thanks for the advice,just going to start looking at all the options it's appears to be a minefield and yes I agree loads of sharks out there that just want youmoney

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2013, 12:26:36 am »
Hi Steve thanks for the advice,just going to start looking at all the options it's appears to be a minefield and yes I agree loads of sharks out there that just want youmoney
Hope you get something sorted Colin.

sglods

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2013, 05:00:02 pm »
I got 900 plus views for june.
Which equates to 30 views a day.
Had 90 enquiries through my site.
And know of many more who found my website and called me.

hi they what your web site name please . just to look at it :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2013, 09:35:32 pm »
My wesite gets loads of hits ............. new dehli, coventry, london, portugal, usa, ireland, canada, manilla, even had one in wiltshire this week  ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2013, 09:39:48 pm »

www.cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners.co.uk got 2 schools to clean from it this week.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »
Get Nathanael to build you one Mick he built mine plus he does hosting as well  www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk  he is a top guy and does a great job .

Colin a well built website is defo worth the extra spend i used a website builder for over a year and got 2-3 jobs form it ,

I then got Nat to build me a site and the work just keeps coming including 2 really big jobs which i have quoted for so the right website defo brings the work speak to Nathanael Jones  avondhu-internet.com he does all the SEO so will place well on google . Mike
regards colin

The other guys mentioned are MUCH cheaper than me (I charge £375 and upwards for a site) - - I do believe that I offer similar value for money,.. but if your budget is tight I reckon you can't beat studio-arts. ;)

With respect to other guys you only get what you pay for the extra spend is defo worth it site design layout and overall appearance is far better if you spend a bit more .

not always the case because when they have your cash and you stop filling there pockets they don't care and then they wont give you he details to get the site reworked because they think they have some write not too ??? I have yet to meet a guy or girl I could trust to build me a site

colin bird

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2013, 10:14:41 pm »

www.cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners.co.uk got 2 schools to clean from it this week.
nice one I have spoken to Luke and started to get things underway many thanks

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »
let me know how it goes colin

windiewasher

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »

excellent your making the right move,his sites are far superior to others and at a very good price!
let me have a look at your site whens it done!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Mike #1

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2013, 05:21:54 am »

regards colin

not always the case because when they have your cash and you stop filling there pockets they don't care and then they wont give you he details to get the site reworked because they think they have some write not too ??? I have yet to meet a guy or girl I could trust to build me a site

Nathanael  is well known on this forum and he is a moderator of ACS forum based in Ireland has been on here for a good few years now . Mike

colin bird

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2013, 06:01:33 am »
let me know how it goes colin
ok it will be a while as lots of stuff to sort

colin bird

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2013, 06:08:49 am »

excellent your making the right move,his sites are far superior to others and at a very good price!
let me have a look at your site whens it done!
i have looked at a few of the sites he has done and was well impressed ,thought they were great value for money,I know some of the other guys have paid a lot more money for there sites and fair play to them if they think they've got value for money,maybe I'm a bit thick but I have to say I can't really see a lot of difference to Luke's sites and a £500.00 site but that's just my opinion. Will be a while before the site is up and running as have to sort information and photos to go on the site. Thanks again regards colin