rosskesava

Re: trad cleaning
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 06:09:59 pm »
whatever you use trad, the sun makes the best of us look crap  :o :'(

wfp is king in the direct sunlight

gg3. I've never had smears on the glass even in direct sunlight. Generally, even with unger liquid or squeegy off, the only time you get smears is if too much is added to the water.

I've found that with any washing up liquid, if you look through the glass and sideways on towards the sun, you'll always see smears. If you look straight at the glass, you don't see them.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

steve rix

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 06:13:49 pm »
fairy rules ;D always has
Yeah for cleaning dishes it does. If someone tried to put manky dish washing detergent all over my glass there would be heck to pay. And no one wants to pay any of my heck thats for darn sure buster. Fairy goes back to the old days when the old hands were chancing they're arms with they're scrims and war horses. You can't get the layer of fairy off with your manky water in your maggody bucket and your dirty old manky applicator. WFP is the only way. But if it hasn't been learned by now it probably won't be.

So do you wfp the insides as well?

steve rix

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 06:14:19 pm »
fairy rules ;D always has
Yeah for cleaning dishes it does. If someone tried to put manky dish washing detergent all over my glass there would be heck to pay. And no one wants to pay any of my heck thats for darn sure buster. Fairy goes back to the old days when the old hands were chancing they're arms with they're scrims and war horses. You can't get the layer of fairy off with your manky water in your maggody bucket and your dirty old manky applicator. WFP is the only way. But if it hasn't been learned by now it probably won't be.

So do you wfp the insides as well?
;D ;D ;D

neil kellett

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 06:27:26 pm »
Yeah, its brilliant, here, wrap your eye balls round this.
Vilyetyet' c paboti mozhna v dva c4yota!
One can lose a job in the blink of an eye!

Mike_G

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 06:40:04 pm »
Yeah, its brilliant, here, wrap your eye balls round this.

I hope you charged them extra for the carpet clean Neil :)

drevitt

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »
whatever you use trad, the sun makes the best of us look crap  :o :'(

wfp is king in the direct sunlight

agreed on certain houses but on other the windows just have spots all over when drying in direct sun!

neil kellett

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 08:54:30 pm »
Water has a surface tension or a barrier. It has like a skin, there are some insects that can actually walk on this barrier. All you need is a drop of amy water based cleaner to break down this barrier to allow the water to clean. Newbies have a tendency to go mad on the fairy. Ofcourse fairy is the market leader but its not the be all and end all. It is as I said before it designed to break down the dirt from grease on dirty plates. If you don't believe me read the label :) The grime on the inside of windows from nicotene stains or whatever is completely different. Whats better hot water with a drop of lidl stuff or cold water with fairy? You see its all relative.
Vilyetyet' c paboti mozhna v dva c4yota!
One can lose a job in the blink of an eye!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 09:23:51 pm »
Fairy, nothing else comes close.

I think in the early days everyone tries all sorts of stuff, but invariably we (usually) return to the good old green stuff.

yep
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Mike_G

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 10:11:46 pm »
I cant use fairy anymore, its too concentrated and cut my hands to pieces.

Tom White

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 10:17:26 pm »
I cant use fairy anymore, its too concentrated and cut my hands to pieces.

I used to suffer badly with eczema - so much so that one Winter I had to wear cotton inners and black rubber gloves to keep my hands (which looked like claws) dry.

You can get a hydro-cortisone cream from the docs, or a lesser strength one from boots which clears it up fairly quickly, and that Norwegian hand moisturiser is good stuff too.

I've found that over time your skin gets used to Fairy and I've never really had any problems with it over the past seven years; though granted I haven't done 100% trad in that time.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 10:37:19 pm »
another day on bungalows using big orange , theres nothing that can touch this .
where theres muck theres money

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 11:26:21 pm »
Water has a surface tension or a barrier. It has like a skin, there are some insects that can actually walk on this barrier...

So did the QE2!

Did you know that she grounded her bottom (ooooh errrr missus) which was 32 feet below the waterline in an area which was charted at 39 feet.

But instead of clearing the seabed, because she was going fast and digging down into the water the surface tension may have let all 70,000 tonnes of her lower the water around her by "squatting" up to 7ft and she scraged along the seabed. (Which may have been a few feet higher than the charted 39ft in places too.)

See what you find out round here?
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 11:42:34 pm »
You don`t have to get smears/ squeegee kicks etc. just because you are working in direct sunlight. Just a bit more care and attention with your applicator and you should be fine. 

ds, does Big Orange produce loads of suds?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

petemg

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 12:46:03 am »
hi ya  :) fairy with fresh rain water ;)..........pete

bobby p

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 06:19:39 am »
i too found that fresh rainwater is really ace,but i only have a small waterbutt at home and its ran dry ages ago now  .

im thinking next winter of filling up a big tankful of it and that should last me a year , not sure if it will go stinky from standing stagnant though

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 07:47:40 am »
do you guys live in a hard water area that get smears in direct sunlight?my tap water is around 30tds.a dash of squeegee off/gg3 and i dont get smears or streaks!windows come up great every time.

i use good dry microfibres and unger soft in my squeegee channels.

you shouldnt be getting streaks in direct sunlight!if you are your doing something  wrong IMO.

price higher/work harder!

bobby p

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:11 am »
do you guys live in a hard water area that get smears in direct sunlight?my tap water is around 30tds.a dash of squeegee off/gg3 and i dont get smears or streaks!windows come up great every time.

i use good dry microfibres and unger soft in my squeegee channels.

you shouldnt be getting streaks in direct sunlight!if you are your doing something  wrong IMO.

you dont realize how lucky you are up in the north with your lovely soft water . here in the south-east its hard n horrible. my stainless steel kitchen sink is stained badly from it  and wash your towels and they come out as stiff as a board !   a bloke from the water company told me that the water here is piped all the way from lincolnshire to suffolk

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:57 am »
You don`t have to get smears/ squeegee kicks etc. just because you are working in direct sunlight. Just a bit more care and attention with your applicator and you should be fine. 

no theres not loads of suds mate , £5.98 for 5 ltrs in b&q give it a go .
where theres muck theres money

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 09:00:04 am »

Thank you, I`m always willing to try something new. I`ll give it a go when I`m ready for some new stuff  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

R W C™

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 11:07:29 am »

Went to b&q today and they've never heard of it