Nameless Drudge

Re: update credit card fraud/wintecs
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 05:40:53 pm »
have you tried gamblers anonymous ?       apparently by facing up to the fact that you have a gambling problem is the first step to getting over it   :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now that has made me laugh out loud,in half an hour i`m off to the other anonymous !

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 05:47:47 pm »
There is actually a group now called Clutterers anonymous for people who share a problem with the accumulation of clutter.

I could tell you where the meetings are if i can just find my notebook,its under something somewhere.

gewindows

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 05:51:39 pm »
have you tried gamblers anonymous ?       apparently by facing up to the fact that you have a gambling problem is the first step to getting over it   :D :D :D :D :D :D

Steve got your money today, Mr H20 window cleaning said youd send the last 100 next week. Thats fine mate no worries, thanks for what you sent so far.

;)

lee09

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 06:02:10 pm »
have you tried gamblers anonymous ? apparently by facing up to the fact that you have a gambling problem is the first step to getting over it :D :D :D :D :D :D

just wish i had bet on the blues today
I did ask earlier but I don't know what odds he got for me

deeege

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 06:32:12 pm »
Unfortunate situation.

I find it very odd that wintecs have not responded in these threads to defend their reputation. Wc is only a small (ish) community and I would imagine a fair percentage of their potential customer base have read these threads.

Like I posted in the last thread, the silence is deafening.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dai

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 07:21:41 pm »
Unfortunate situation.

I find it very odd that wintecs have not responded in these threads to defend their reputation. Wc is only a small (ish) community and I would imagine a fair percentage of their potential customer base have read these threads.

Like I posted in the last thread, the silence is deafening.

If someone phones us up and Say's we have scratched their glass, we may think they are trying it on.
If 3 customers called and said I had scratched their glass I would know I had a problem.
The question is How many people have complained to Wintecs.
They may have a good security system installed, but some criminals find their way round it.
The other thing is that people using wireless connections can have their own Pc's hacked without knowing it. Computer criminals can be sitting outside your house using your wireless network unless it's properly secured.

deeege

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 11:02:07 pm »
If I was the MD of a company being questioned on a public forum which is viewed by my exact catchment of potential customers, I would do my best to answer any questions and ease any fears to the best of my ability.

After Reading the last thread, there was between 5-10 people who experienced problems, all of whom had previously used Wintecs. Because this is the only side to the story we have been told (and are likely to be told) it is now up to us to use this info when next ordering equipment online.

I know where I won't be ordering.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 06:07:30 am »
I don't know if anyone else has bothered but I've emailed Wintecs about this thread as I feel that it is only fair that they have the opportunity to have input.

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:40 am »
i phoned them before i even put it up on here and all i got was it cant be out system,  i might of just been unlucky but too many have come one and said the same as happened to me

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 08:00:07 am »
i phoned them before i even put it up on here and all i got was it cant be out system,  i might of just been unlucky but too many have come one and said the same as happened to me

Yes, I know you phoned them about the issue.  It's easy for someone at the other end of the phone to be dismissive of the problem.  However, when it's down in writing, such as on this thread, if they want to reply then the reply will be a more considered one.  Also, it is more likely that the reply would be made by someone who is more knowledgeable than the person who answered the phone.
Hopefully it will be possible to get this sorted out.  I've never ordered from Wintecs myself.  Even if I were considering it, I wouldn't do so now due to whaty has been written on this thread.  Hopefully they will see that it is in their interests to come on here and join in the discussion.

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 08:25:50 am »
i have my prob sorted, my prob is with the bank, which hopefully will be sorted after 9 am,  u need to direct them to the other 2 threads on this subject

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 08:40:10 am »
i have my prob sorted, my prob is with the bank, which hopefully will be sorted after 9 am,  u need to direct them to the other 2 threads on this subject

I hadn't noticed any other threads about this.
Hopefully they will be able to find them for themselves if/when they decide to enter this forum.

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 08:40:56 am »
i will find them

Rob Knapman

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, 05:24:24 am »
If I was the MD of a company being questioned on a public forum which is viewed by my exact catchment of potential customers, I would do my best to answer any questions and ease any fears to the best of my ability.

After Reading the last thread, there was between 5-10 people who experienced problems, all of whom had previously used Wintecs. Because this is the only side to the story we have been told (and are likely to be told) it is now up to us to use this info when next ordering equipment online.

No reply off them? Jeez do they know the damage that has been done by this. Had a few sales promotion emails off them this past week......... wonder if their sales are down ::)
Knapman Cleaning services, washing glass since 1945

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 06:05:58 am »

No reply off them? Jeez do they know the damage that has been done by this. Had a few sales promotion emails off them this past week......... wonder if their sales are down ::)

On the 18th October I sent them the dollowing email:

"Dear Sir.
I use a public forum called Cleanitup - a forum for cleaning companies.
You may already be aware of this but there is a thread on that forum
expressing serious doubts about the security of credit/debit cards when
ordering from Wintecs.
I've no idea as to how true these stories are but if I were thinking of
ordering something from your company, I would be put off.
I really feel that you, or another company representative ought to sign up
to this forum to put your company's side of things before harm is caused to
your sales.  Unfortunately, on the internet, stories propogate very
quickly - whether or not they are based in fact.
You may need to sign up with a username and password to access the site.
The thread is at:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=110343.0

I hope you are able to set the record straight or to offer some kind of
reassurance to the posters.

Regards,
Paul Coleman"

Since then I've had no response from them and they have made no attempt to enter this discussion.
I'm unsure what conclusion to draw from this lack of response but I would play safe and not order from them myself.   The lack of response may indicate that their security is flawed or it may not.  Either way,to me, it seems that they are a company that are not good at responding so could be difficult to deal with if an order went wrong.  Even a brief email saying something like "Thanks for your email.  We are looking into this"  But there has been nada, nothing, zilch.
From my perspective, the lack of response has harmed their reputation as much as (if not more than)  the possible problems with their security.

deeege

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 06:39:41 am »
Thanks for taking the time to update us all Paul. And I totally agree with your conclusion.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2010, 08:47:58 am »

So your problem was not with Wintecs to begin with?

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 09:19:58 am »
the prob i had with wintecs was, i use my card there and it got cloned and ended up with double payments going out and people using it at betfair

after speaking to wintecs, i got the not our system, but since then nearly every i know who use wintecs has had problems. 

the prob i had after was with the bank, regarding payemnt that people where trying to claim, which have all been sorted now,  but if i had not had my card cloned then i wouldnt of had all the problems