woodman

Watch out for these bank scam e-mails
« on: April 29, 2005, 01:42:07 pm »
Please beware of these scam -mails going around otherwise you could be wiped out :o

I got one today and they look very official from the 'HSBC'.

Every thing on them is identical to how HSBC would lay out one of their forms

Only this one said that they were updating their security and they needed my bank card details.

Another section needed to be filled in asking for my date of birth, post code
and other associated information.

The return path address was 'hsbc customer support'

With this info within a matter of hours they could wipe you out and rake up huge bills in your name.

This all looks very official and and it would be easy to quickly fill it in and send it off without a second thought.

When you look more closely, there is no secure site code,its going to HSBC in the USA and of course why would the bank ask you for details which already has on you.

I have passed this info onto HSBC and NTL and am awaiting a response.

You have been warned :o

Re: Watch out for these bank scam e-mails
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 01:49:06 pm »
They always target you rich ones first. :o

Well done for the heads up  ;D

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 06:06:34 pm »
Hey Woodman

I seem to get email from these scammers almost every day!!  It is obvious that they are scams as they say for instance they are from HSBC and are asking me to confirm my details and I have'nt even got an account with them!!
I have had these enquiries from all the so called banks except my own. so beware boys and girls, your bank will not ask for your details on the internet.

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 10:13:22 am »
I got one today saying it was from Barclays and it did look very official. Fortunatly I had read the warnings and deleted it straight away.
Thanks for the tip

Karl Wildey

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:32:06 pm »
Got one from Lloydstsb who I bank with, fortunately read this post by Woodman. Rang my bank and yes its a con. No bank will every contact you over the net regarding your bank details, so beware.
Thanks Woodman

ian richards

Re: Watch out for these bank scam e-mails New
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 10:45:34 pm »
Hi

Just got one, wanting my password, secret info and all that >:( >:(

So i filled it in....well why not, only i filled in a message within each question that they asked, telling them in no uncertain terms where to get off >:(

Memorable information  "doyouthinkimstupid"

I wont say what i think of these low lifes but it begins with W and ends with ankers >:( >:( >:(

Sorry moderators, but if you have to delete this post, then you have to delete it!!

Ian