woodman

Pet Urine Stains/odours
« on: April 08, 2005, 02:10:55 pm »
I know this subject has cropped up from time to time but I thought I would pass on a procedure I carried out on the common tricky urine stain we all come across on a regular basis which we all love and mostly hate . A lovely Golden Retriever had messed in the middle of a lounge on an 80/20 twist pile with secondary backing.Large yellow stain,strong odour all the usual problems.

The customer had treated the area with a mild detergent cleaner which only added to the problem.

I cold water extracted the area measuring 2ft x 2ft and then applied a liberal amount of Simple Solutions.This I allowed to penetrate right through to the underlay and floor and left it to dry for 24 hrs.

I then returned spray applied MS to the remainder of the carpet following all usual procedures and then made up a solution of 8oz of Simple Solutions to a gallon of water and put this into the extracta and cleaned the stained area as normal. When finished placed air mover under carpet to aid drying.

Hey presto, stain and smell gone one very happy lady.

First time I have used this procedure and may not work every time but I found it easy
and effective, worth knowing and adding to the armoury. ;)

Trevor

jacko

Re: Pet Urine Stains/odours
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 02:26:26 pm »
Hi trevor  what is "simple solutions"?

JM SELECT SERVICES

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 02:30:32 pm »
hi trevor
was all that work cost affective, or was you just keeping a regular customer happy
bdma

woodman

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:51:09 pm »
Bit of both,

I wanted to try the procedure out so a regular customer was ideal.

As for being cost effective, I bought 36 oz for £5.00

I used half of it and I charged the lady £90.00. The lounge was 13.5 sq mts so around £7 a sq mt. solution worked out at around 18p a mt. at this rate.

Total time on job including re-call, 1 1/2 hrs, when you get quicker at it and more confident of the outcome the time will come down.

I put it down to 2 x minimum charge call outs on diffirent days @ £45 an hour ;D to make me feel better.

Hi Jacko

Simple Solutions is a pet odour/stain treatment solution widely available from pet stores or on line stores, I know others have used it in the past but its the first time for me, as they say ;D

jacko

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 08:13:25 pm »
Thanks Trevor - another bit of knowledge gained!

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 09:23:22 pm »
Trevor,
What would you have charged the customer if the stain had not come out?
Its easy to get £90 for the job when you have removed 100% of the stain, not so easy when its no different after all of your efforts  >:(
just wondered,
Chris
Staffordshire

SMP

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 11:13:22 pm »
I always wondered about a water claw which is used in a similar way - tip lots of solution on and soak it through.

Is there not a risk of staining from hessian dye release when you pour cleaning solution on like this??

Cheers
Steve
Steve Poole

woodman

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 07:49:23 am »
Hi Chris

The same £90.00 you've still done the work.

Any procedure such as these are not guaranteed and never are.

The customer is made aware of this and should it fail the next step is usually the insurance company.

Today I will be attanding one where the elderly aunt has spent the weekend and did not make it to the toilet in time.There are several areas where the carpet is 'soiled' ::) and the lady has tried to clean it herself with fairy liquid.
Again she has been made aware that I will be 'attempting' restoration only.

She will claim on her policy should it not fully come out and as we all would have an excess to pay anyway on any claim it is worth an attempt at cleaning first. ;)

Trevor