woodman

Does your web site work for you!
« on: February 16, 2005, 04:36:14 pm »
How many visitors do you get to your site a day/week and does this generate any real business.

If not what is the point of having a web site. :-\

I am asking this because somebody else asked me the very same today and I said I would ask those who have one.

mark_roberts

Re: Does your web site work for you!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:39:53 pm »
Havent got one but got a call today from a company trying to sell me a website.  Told me they have access to goggle and could tell there was 17 searches for ultraclean in January.  I didnt believe her and she hung up.

Can they tell this or was she bluffing.

Mark

Martin S

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 05:06:33 pm »
Hi Trevor,

I plan on getting a www eventually.  Personally, I'm not so bothered about getting to the top of search engines, but think that a web address included in all other marketing material etc  may allow potential customers to find out a bit more about you in order to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to use your services. 

I'm thinking of it as another medium which you can use to get your message across.  i.e.  Leaflet drops through door, customer looks at leaflet, sees www, looks you up on the net.  Gives you more space than a leaflet to say what you want.  Or I may be totally wrong!!  :-\  :-\

Regards.

Martin S
Martin

woodman

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 05:27:08 pm »
Thats good Doug,

But are you one of a very few that it actually works for.

How many visits per week do you get or are you not able to check this.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 05:33:41 pm »
Trevor,

I only get about 30 hits a week but I do get work from them.

I reckon about 2 grand last year, not inc Yell.

As I have posted before I have worked hard at ranking highly in the search engines.

Cheers,

Doug

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 06:01:13 pm »
I have a doitmyself site that is plain, simple and cheap. It is £29.50 per year and I treat it as a bit of fun and interest. I put it on all ads and leaflets and as said above it gives you a bit more space to 'get the message across'.
I have had about £500 of work from it directly when someone did a google search for midlands carpetcleaner. If you want a look it is www.thecarpetcleaner.biz , as I said it is plain and simple.
Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 06:09:21 pm »
hi there,

website development is one of the items on our list of "things to do this year"
not that we have a need for any more work at the moment.

its just another sales tool from my point of view,

it is essential however to keep the site upto date.

also you need to make sure that your site is in the top rankings on search engines.

regards

martin

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 06:21:23 pm »
I did not add that I have it hosted by 1and1 they also give a good site editor which is a doddle to use. I did another site for a club in 20 mins from start to having it on the net.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 06:31:08 pm »
They do work.
In December I had 426 unique visits,(hits was 2847 but that means very little )  this was search engines, some were from you guys having a look and some were customers. I would say I get 10-20 enquires a month, out of this 5-10 jobs a month. It more than pays for it self. Like you say its a sales tool, but if you get top of the engines work will come your way.

No Mark, no company has access to google's search enquires except google. (If anyone knows different let me know.. ;))

beau4021

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 07:12:55 pm »
the truth !!
yes depending on how hard you work at it and were you live you maybe can get high enough in the search ranking.
but in a lot of the country the first few pages are dominated by directories.
what these guys who offer the google bit do, is in fact llok at your keywords, phone you up and offer to make a big difference to your rankings etc.
the ajust the keywords and charge you a fortune for a few seconds work which you will get hel with for free here.
regs.brian

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 11:29:20 pm »
Hi Guys

What I fine my Web Site is really good for is when you have custys on the phone looking to find out diffent things, asking lots of quesions etc  I tell them to take a look at my web site

Lots of good points for this

1. Gets you lots of hits on your site

2. The Custy gets all the info they what

3. Frees you up on the phone

4. Sells other services you offer

5. Lets the custy know how well trained you are etc

6. Custy gets to see items you might sell

What do you guys think? 

Regards

Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

ian richards

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 11:47:03 pm »
Hi

Gavin,

Thats not a bad site mate, where did you get that idea from??????

Ian