Smurf

Re: Anyone tried this?
« Reply #520 on: December 11, 2014, 07:50:29 pm »
My first attempt today did not go well as left some spotting but not to worry as it peed down later  ;D

duncan h

« Reply #521 on: December 11, 2014, 07:53:22 pm »
Mind, we have heard some pretty good claims about just pure water too over the years. Usually from newbies who go WFP then somehow think they are physics professors! Rots wood (well, any water will do that), eats van floors, puts holes on your clothes, dries skin, removes skin moisture etc etc and that's without all the over-hyped & exaggerated claims of it's cleaning properties!!  ::)roll ;D ;D

This afterall....... CIU  the place where egos are akin to a blind cobbler's thumb!!
pmsl  ;D

duncan h

« Reply #522 on: December 11, 2014, 07:54:58 pm »
My first attempt today did not go well as left some spotting but not to worry as it peed down later  ;D
How can you tell it dried with some spotting in this weather? If your getting spotting with Vision, what are you like without it lol

the king

« Reply #523 on: December 11, 2014, 07:56:47 pm »
lmfao  ;D ;D what he dident say was he also added some kems to the brush lol ::)roll

Smurf

« Reply #524 on: December 11, 2014, 07:57:43 pm »
Was on my own house  :-* ;D

How can you tell it dried with some spotting in this weather? If your getting spotting with Vision, what are you like without it lol

Smurf

« Reply #525 on: December 11, 2014, 07:59:39 pm »
Did not need to as it had more bubbles than me bubble bath ;D

lmfao  ;D ;D what he dident say was he also added some kems to the brush lol ::)roll

duncan h

« Reply #526 on: December 11, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »

Your not suppose to put the whole bottle in  ;D

gary999

« Reply #527 on: December 11, 2014, 09:56:06 pm »
Mind, we have heard some pretty good claims about just pure water too over the years. Usually from newbies who go WFP then somehow think they are physics professors! Rots wood (well, any water will do that), eats van floors, puts holes on your clothes, dries skin, removes skin moisture etc etc and that's without all the over-hyped & exaggerated claims of it's cleaning properties!!  ::)roll ;D ;D

This afterall....... CIU  the place where egos are akin to a blind cobbler's thumb!!

haven't heard many of those for a long time ;D

Smurf

« Reply #528 on: December 11, 2014, 10:45:32 pm »
Oops! ;D

Your not suppose to put the whole bottle in  ;D

the king

« Reply #529 on: December 11, 2014, 11:01:46 pm »
serious tho alan u need to get the dose rite to get the resalts this mix is not for the amateur wc lmfao ;D

Smurf

« Reply #530 on: December 11, 2014, 11:06:26 pm »
 ;D

serious tho alan u need to get the dose rite to get the resalts this mix is not for the amateur wc lmfao ;D

« Reply #531 on: December 12, 2014, 06:34:47 am »
were if it beads it can dry to quick an cause spotting

The above statement is as inaccurate as they come.

Spotting occurs if you havent rinsed adequately. The speed water will evaporate has nothing to do with it. If the water left on the glass is clean water it can sit there all day long drying or dry in a split second. Its whether theres dirt in the water droplets on the glass that is important.
+1

Water's natural chemical propensity is to absorb dirt, that's what makes it such an effective cleansing agent. The longer the water is on the glass, the more it is absorbing dirt is nonsense. Spotting occurs only if there is dirt present. It is not related at all to the drying time.

In one sense you are correct but.......... pure water will absorb atmospheric particles- the longer the water remains on the glass the more chance this has of happening.
Steady matey...you are stating something that flies in the face of science as we know it ;D
I'm not arguing at all that atmospheric dust can gather in spots left on windows, of course it can....

« Reply #532 on: December 12, 2014, 06:38:07 am »
Hi Steve ..
Been busy cleaning windows and family stuff .
The thread has asked many questions and we've answered a lot .
The website describes the product .

Hi Kempy.

I've re-read the whole thread and your website mate, but still can't find answers to my questions....
You know the volume that we are cleaning solar panels, this is aside to my window cleaning business.  I'm a potential customer, dare I say it, of the more financially lucrative variety.  Surely it is worth answering my questions....   ???
Email me the answers if you don't want it on here....

Jonny 87

« Reply #533 on: December 12, 2014, 07:07:46 am »
Steve if I'm honest this has been tried and tested for nearly 12 months on windows. We've only had a few solar panels cleaned in that time so can't give an in depth review yet. So far so good though and does seem to work just as well.

As for a change in the chemical structure and viscosity it's negligable. The ph of your pure water stays the same and for all tense and purposes it is still pure water. The viscosity appears to be slightly denser, but again in reality it isn't really.

You are still using pure h20. (Just with a little boost)

You could well add it to your water for pressure washing if you wished, but my guess is that you won't notice a huge difference. The pressure will do all the work and if a pressure washer doesn't dislodge dirt then this additive probably won't either to be honest.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions as I check my email more regularly than I do here.

shop@jigsaw-innovations.co.uk
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

gary999

« Reply #534 on: December 12, 2014, 08:56:34 am »

Spotting occurs if you havent rinsed adequately. The speed water will evaporate has nothing to do with it. If the water left on the glass is clean water it can sit there all day long drying or dry in a split second. Its whether theres dirt in the water droplets on the glass that is important.
+1

Water's natural chemical propensity is to absorb dirt, that's what makes it such an effective cleansing agent. The longer the water is on the glass, the more it is absorbing dirt is nonsense. Spotting occurs only if there is dirt present. It is not related at all to the drying time.

In one sense you are correct but.......... pure water will absorb atmospheric particles- the longer the water remains on the glass the more chance this has of happening.
Steady matey...you are stating something that flies in the face of science as we know it ;D
I'm not arguing at all that atmospheric dust can gather in spots left on windows, of course it can....

so drying time can be an issue in certain conditons,again if I have got the terminology
correct I find in hydrophilic glass gives less problems than hydrophobic, this was
in response to your original post why try to make an hydrophilic response.
Glass drying clean is part of the cleaning process so better the glasses response
to the water including the manner and speed which it dries the less chance
there will be any problems when you walk away.

What was your argument again...talk about keep on knocking and you cant
get in ;D

duncan h

« Reply #535 on: December 12, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »
I think its suppose to rinse like hydrophilic, yet more slippy so wont stick to glass as easy...like hydrophilic :) all getting silly now

« Reply #536 on: December 12, 2014, 07:44:25 pm »
Steve if I'm honest this has been tried and tested for nearly 12 months on windows. We've only had a few solar panels cleaned in that time so can't give an in depth review yet. So far so good though and does seem to work just as well.

As for a change in the chemical structure and viscosity it's negligable. The ph of your pure water stays the same and for all tense and purposes it is still pure water. The viscosity appears to be slightly denser, but again in reality it isn't really.

You are still using pure h20. (Just with a little boost)

You could well add it to your water for pressure washing if you wished, but my guess is that you won't notice a huge difference. The pressure will do all the work and if a pressure washer doesn't dislodge dirt then this additive probably won't either to be honest.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions as I check my email more regularly than I do here.

shop@jigsaw-innovations.co.uk
Yay! I got as close as I will get to answers. Nice one mate! :)

« Reply #537 on: December 12, 2014, 07:47:29 pm »

+1

so drying time can be an issue in certain conditons,again if I have got the terminology
correct I find in hydrophilic glass gives less problems than hydrophobic, this was
Glass drying clean is part of the cleaning process so better the glasses response

get in ;D
;D Think I got my answers from Jonny.  Ultra-hydrophobic coatings will not allow virtually any water to adhere to the glass at all, especially because it is vertical. Less water on the glass full stop, means less chance of spotting. That's why ultra-hydrophobic coatings are being researched as vociferously as they are. They are the fire, not hydrophilic. :)

gary999

« Reply #538 on: December 12, 2014, 09:07:14 pm »

+1

get in ;D
;D Think I got my answers from Jonny.  Ultra-hydrophobic coatings will not allow virtually any water to adhere to the glass at all, especially because it is vertical. Less water on the glass full stop, means less chance of spotting. That's why ultra-hydrophobic coatings are being researched as vociferously as they are. They are the fire, not hydrophilic. :)

Whatever matey ;D all I know is hydrophobic glass generally leaves numerous
droplets of water on the glass and takes longer to dry than the shrinking of
effect of hydrophilic which in the circumstances I described causes problems

Why you want to set fire to anything is beyond me...but hey whatever
gets you through the day ;D

LWC

« Reply #539 on: December 13, 2014, 08:27:07 pm »

haven't heard many of those for a long time ;D

Dont forget pure water weighs less than normal water obviously because theres impurities in normal water making it weigh more