Clever Forum Name

Re: Anyone tried this?
« Reply #500 on: December 11, 2014, 11:55:28 am »
You are there to clean the previous weeks/months worth of dirt off.

Just done a pair of patio doors covered in dog mud. Effortless to clean off.

gary999

« Reply #501 on: December 11, 2014, 11:57:14 am »
I would think because its normally hydrophobic glass where
you have spotting issues and hydrophillic glass the water tends
to sit on the glass like a sheet and when drying tends to evenly
shrinking down or inwards and gives you less chance of spotting.

If they had truly developed a product that makes glass behave
in a hydrophillic way that would be of great interest to me personally
unfortunately i dont think this is the case.
Let's not forget the main aim is to take dirt OFF glass. Hydrophobic means the water will shoot off the surface, taking all of the dirt with it. I don't, and nor do my lads, have any issues with spotting in any glass, whether it appears to be hydrophobic/philic. I think that comes down to technique and water quality, not the properties of the glass itself.

Therefore, a hydrophobic product is more desirable, taking the dirt away as fast as possible. Hydrophilic will encourage the water to stick, keeping the dirt on the glass.

It will be interesting to hear the opinion of others about my previous post...

personally I find hydrophilic glass dries quicker and lets not forget weather
conditions have an effect on what condition the glass dries especially this time of year
when we get a lot of wet and especially windy weather.

I clean a lot of windows on busy roads where you get more than a bit of wind
and is made worse on windy days I have little problem with hydrophilic glass
which dries quickly and I guarantee(and this happened when I used 000ppm)
that with windy conditions blowing, hydrophobic glass where the droplets of water
hang around longer especially this time of year spot I put this down to dirt
in the air attaching itself to the water droplets so I have always bladed this glass
dry.

I like to work in as many conditions as possible so hydrophilic glass is more
preferable to me.

But then you get the same scenario as used in the to clean or not to clean in the rain debates, you could blade the glass
and one shower of rain an hour later and your back to square one.
I used to get very stressed about this same thing until my wife pointed out, it doesn't matter if they get slightly dirty again
when it starts to rain, the windows will still be cleaner than they were before I cleaned them.
[/quote

Again sean I personally this depends on conditions if its just raining its not a problem
in fact when I have used 30ppm tapwater the rain has helped especially if it spends
the whole day chucking it down. ;D
your missus is right about about slightly bit but the work I have on main roads
lots of traffic lots of pollution I can go back the following day and already see
the carbon black soot forming on the sills and if I didn't blade the hydrophobic
glass they would be filthy because it takes so long to dry

I generally prefer to do this work on  dry days with no wind orwhen its chucking down all day but
not windy I don't bother blading and have no problems, on light showery days
I blade the hydrophobic glass and no problems,with heavy showers like today
and strong gusts of wind like today I just don't bother with this work and do something
else.

Apologise the above is a bit garbled and I cant be bothered to put it right. ;D
Anyways I prefer the phillic effect if that's even the right description for me
it dries quicker and more evenly and I don't suffer spotting when using 30ppm
tapwater ;D

Window Lickers

« Reply #502 on: December 11, 2014, 02:11:05 pm »
were if it beads it can dry to quick an cause spotting

The above statement is as inaccurate as they come.

Spotting occurs if you havent rinsed adequately. The speed water will evaporate has nothing to do with it. If the water left on the glass is clean water it can sit there all day long drying or dry in a split second. Its whether theres dirt in the water droplets on the glass that is important.

So why do people come on here moaning about the wind? If "clean" water can sit of the glass all day why do people get complaints and bad finishes to cleaned houses? If a window takes all day to dry and there is wind about it won't matter?

Theres always one, they usually live in a village.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #503 on: December 11, 2014, 02:52:59 pm »

Spotting occurs if you havent rinsed adequately. The speed water will evaporate has nothing to do with it. If the water left on the glass is clean water it can sit there all day long drying or dry in a split second. Its whether theres dirt in the water droplets on the glass that is important.

So why do people come on here moaning about the wind? If "clean" water can sit of the glass all day why do people get complaints and bad finishes to cleaned houses? If a window takes all day to dry and there is wind about it won't matter?

Theres always one, they usually live in a village.

Gary999 beat me to it.

hasti

« Reply #504 on: December 11, 2014, 02:58:24 pm »
I don't think (Window Lickers & Dave willis) work at all  ;D
These guys just site by the computer and just find faults with any one who come up with any good idea  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #505 on: December 11, 2014, 03:03:05 pm »
Day off today. I haven't found fault with Vision - never tried it. I have only found fault with the claims by one or two.

Haven't tried the stuff you sell either just object to the underhand way you try to sell it  :)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #506 on: December 11, 2014, 03:10:16 pm »
I do a day on a new estate near me. Always a panic to get it done. Today i finished at 2pm, all done.

That will be my last comment on the product. I will provide reviews to Vision if they need it.

IF its a placebo effect then so be it. I am earning more per day and today i have finished earlier.

Maybe i just needed a little kick up the backside.

SeanK

« Reply #507 on: December 11, 2014, 03:13:49 pm »
Is H20 connected to this product in some way or is he on a wind up ?

the king

« Reply #508 on: December 11, 2014, 03:41:07 pm »
I don't think (Window Lickers & Dave willis) work at all  ;D
These guys just site by the computer and just find faults with any one who come up with any good idea  ;D
lmfao they spend all day on here trying to knock a product they no nout about   ;D there is allways 1 or 2 that cant help there self an u do get a few sheep that tag along  ;D ;D ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #509 on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:50 pm »
Is H20 connected to this product in some way or is he on a wind up ?

Nope & nope

Window Lickers

« Reply #510 on: December 11, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »
I don't think (Window Lickers & Dave willis) work at all  ;D
These guys just site by the computer and just find faults with any one who come up with any good idea  ;D

Done a £175.00 regular external window clean job here today

followed by the houses gutters followed by the courtyard building gutters followed by three estate house gutters followed by three other houses windows in town. That enough for you?  :P
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

« Reply #511 on: December 11, 2014, 04:22:36 pm »

+1

Water's natural chemical propensity is to absorb dirt, that's what makes it such an effective cleansing agent. The longer the water is on the glass, the more it is absorbing dirt is nonsense. Spotting occurs only if there is dirt present. It is not related at all to the drying time.

ChumBucket

« Reply #512 on: December 11, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »

+1

Water's natural chemical propensity is to absorb dirt, that's what makes it such an effective cleansing agent. The longer the water is on the glass, the more it is absorbing dirt is nonsense. Spotting occurs only if there is dirt present. It is not related at all to the drying time.

In one sense you are correct but.......... pure water will absorb atmospheric particles- the longer the water remains on the glass the more chance this has of happening.

« Reply #513 on: December 11, 2014, 04:33:52 pm »
I'm very interested in this product and if it can improve productivity, everyone should be buying it. I didn't get an answer from Kempy or anyone who makes the product about the exact aim of it. What is the USP?

Also, have any tests been done on a microscopic level regarding the interaction between pure water with this product and pure water alone? Science sells. HOW exactly does it glide quicker, if it actually does? I don't want the formula, but I do want the science.

Does it fill in the microscopic blemishes in smooth glass?
Does it change the chemical viscosity of the water?

I need to know before I go using this on solar panels especially, but I want to know for my other business too.

If it cuts through grime, should we be using this to aid the pressure washing side of our businesses?

I have so many questions that I can't seem to find answers to.

Email me if you don't want it on the forum. I of all people would understand why.

Fan choo!  :)
I don't know who else is involved in the development of the product, but if Kempy or any of the other developers can answer my questions, I'd appreciate it.

duncan h

« Reply #514 on: December 11, 2014, 04:42:29 pm »
I don't no dilly about hydro watsit this and that glass. I am not a scientist, unlike most on here. I am rubbish at spelling and possibly cleaning windows...but I do know this and its not hard to understand. IF WATER IS ANYWHERE, ON GLASS ETC AND THE WIND BLOWS DUST, THE WATER WILL COLLECT IT. Now for the junk feedback  ;) road side houses collect more grime than any. We live next to a dry stone wall. If I don't wipe the water of my car when washed, it collects dust from the wall. Same thing

kempy

« Reply #515 on: December 11, 2014, 04:43:06 pm »
Hi Steve ..
Been busy cleaning windows and family stuff .
The thread has asked many questions and we've answered a lot .
The website describes the product .

gary999

« Reply #516 on: December 11, 2014, 04:59:18 pm »

+1

Sorry but it can be related to drying time depending on circumstances such as
I have posted previously and types of glass do make a difference, massive amounts
of pollution on a lot of the roads I clean on and on gusty windy days when everything
is being whipped around in the air..dirt does attach itself more easily to wet glass
after cleaning, quicker the glass dries the better. I have found at this time of year
when temps are cooler  hydrophobic glass(if I have the terminology correct) where
there are numerous droplets of water on the glass as opposed to hydrophilic where
there is an almost an even sheet across the pane which shrinks evenly and quickly
as drying leaving no droplets of water exaggerates the problem.

It does happen..whether you choose to believe it or not...well that's up
to you and makes no difference to me at all :)

gary999

« Reply #517 on: December 11, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »

+1

In one sense you are correct but.......... pure water will absorb atmospheric particles- the longer the water remains on the glass the more chance this has of happening.
Steady matey...you are stating something that flies in the face of science as we know it ;D

paulben

« Reply #518 on: December 11, 2014, 05:38:20 pm »
I don't care it works for me and will be ordering more . also washes the car loverly
Do not steal the government hates competition

ChumBucket

« Reply #519 on: December 11, 2014, 07:42:02 pm »
Mind, we have heard some pretty good claims about just pure water too over the years. Usually from newbies who go WFP then somehow think they are physics professors! Rots wood (well, any water will do that), eats van floors, puts holes on your clothes, dries skin, removes skin moisture etc etc and that's without all the over-hyped & exaggerated claims of it's cleaning properties!!  ::)roll ;D ;D

This is afterall....... CIU  the place where egos are akin to a blind cobbler's thumb!!