Smurf

Re: Anyone tried this?
« Reply #400 on: December 09, 2014, 06:08:37 pm »
any kind of baffle tanks used i would have thought it wont get mixed properly.

Window Lickers

« Reply #401 on: December 09, 2014, 06:12:40 pm »
Alex is always sending me new poles, the clamps are always falling off. He's one of the good guys you know ;)
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #402 on: December 09, 2014, 06:29:11 pm »

Honeycombe baffling works differently. No sloshing. But would mix well.

paulben

« Reply #403 on: December 09, 2014, 06:46:45 pm »
My plunger was hard to get going but I always have a problem with these type of plungers going to buy a metal soap dispenser bottle from Tesco as worry the bottle might get dropped and split
Do not steal the government hates competition

kempy

« Reply #404 on: December 09, 2014, 07:13:17 pm »

Smurf - my Tank is baffled and it's mixed very well for the last 2 years.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #405 on: December 09, 2014, 07:18:38 pm »
Depends on baffling. A wydale tank is not classed as baffled.

Barryy

« Reply #406 on: December 09, 2014, 07:26:01 pm »
My plunger was initially stuck too, lost a full squirt trying to get it going. I now have a tiny patch of very shiney hydrophillic driveway!

ChumBucket

« Reply #407 on: December 09, 2014, 07:57:20 pm »
Depends on baffling. A wydale tank is not classed as baffled.

Can you qualify that statement please?

Who "classes" what is or isn't baffled (apart from me by your statement)

Can you substantiate your comment that a Wydale tank is not classed as baffled?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #408 on: December 09, 2014, 08:04:32 pm »
Baffles in wydale tanks are there to stop the tank from basically splitting apart.

When I ordered my new 400 upright tank I had discussion with the chap on the phone. They are not designed to go in cars or vans. They are designed for use on farms and the like.

Some of there tanks have slots. Not for baffles. But for storage.

When I asked why they are being sold as window cleaning tanks. He said that's not there doing.

His words. Not mine. Just repeated.

ChumBucket

« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:11 pm »
Baffles in wydale tanks are there to stop the tank from basically splitting apart.

When I ordered my new 400 upright tank I had discussion with the chap on the phone. They are not designed to go in cars or vans. They are designed for use on farms and the like.

Some of there tanks have slots. Not for baffles. But for storage.

When I asked why they are being sold as window cleaning tanks. He said that's not there doing.

His words. Not mine. Just repeated.

You could be right too, no where on Wydale's site does it mention the tanks are baffled!! They are sold to us as baffled though. ???

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2014, 08:16:08 pm »
The shape of the moulding is to give it strength. They class it as a baffled tank. When I said it was going into a van he sounded shocked. The guy was a bit weird tho to say the least lol

These tanks are mainly used for ATV's and for trailers/tractors etc. Not for vans doing 70mph.

Let's no drift too far away from this thread tho lmao.

NWH

« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2014, 08:18:09 pm »
Those wyvale tanks are not baffled at all,you need a tank with same design as fire engines www.plasticwatertanks.co.uk. His name is Neil and they are bespoke,what that bloke dosent know about safe mobile water tanks ain't worth knowing,talk to him it's a real eye opener as to what death traps some company's are selling he makes tanks so the water is as safe as it can be in transit. Not cheap but it'll save your van rolling over when joining the motorway from a slip road lol and he can make it any shape you want

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2014, 08:21:59 pm »
Yes my thoughts exactly. Either a crash test system or a custom job. 

Window Lickers

« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2014, 08:24:40 pm »
So are you saying that the bottles that Vision come in should be baffled but aren't?

Thats disgraceful.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

NWH

« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2014, 08:27:15 pm »
The difference it made to me was incredible when I took out my wyvale and put this tank in the same frame in its place,the van felt so unsafe before and at traffic lights you'd pull up and rock till they changed to green. The grippatanks still leak aswell I've seen a couple of them in vans and the kids still leak,they look veryuch just like a big standard wyvale only in black which takes the emphasis off of the quality of them. My tank water in let is just big enough for transfer nossle and is completely leak free

« Reply #415 on: December 09, 2014, 08:33:45 pm »
I've read every post on this thread tonight. Can anyone put in laymans terms what the product is supposed to do?

I know it moves quicker across the glass, so is it designed to increase productivity?
The words hydrophilic and hydrophobic are being used, sometimes out of context. Which is the product supposed to be and why?
Will it keeps windows cleaner, longer?

Thank you!  :)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2014, 08:48:18 pm »
For solar panel cleaning it's a no brainier. Buy some :)

Lee GLS

« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2014, 08:53:17 pm »
I've read every post on this thread tonight. Can anyone put in laymans terms what the product is supposed to do?

I know it moves quicker across the glass, so is it designed to increase productivity?
The words hydrophilic and hydrophobic are being used, sometimes out of context. Which is the product supposed to be and why?
Will it keeps windows cleaner, longer?

Thank you!  :)

I have found that it makes the brush glide better on the glass and produces bubbles but that is about it.

NWH

« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2014, 09:09:34 pm »
If I had to guess what was in it polish I reckon would be close it definitely cleans plastic a lot easier it Willakwnthe overall job quicker IMO

DeLuce

« Reply #419 on: December 09, 2014, 09:26:33 pm »
I've had a few more days with it now.
I've been going to  a village in my area for some time now and usually dread the winter months coz cleaning the sills is usually a right pita!!! The coal fire brigade are burning in force and leaves awful scummy black residue all over 'em. However, using this Vision stuff, couple of swipes and job done, I was pleasantly surprised. It usually requires some serious elbow grease.
The upvc is cleaning up quickly too.
I'm not particularly the fastest on the glass, like some who can do a 4 bedder in 10mins, but I'm definitely quicker. So maybe, if you're quick on the glass anyway, you might not see much improvement in that regard.