woodman

Communal Area Carpet Cleaning
« on: November 24, 2003, 06:15:07 pm »
>:(

I have just spent 3 hrs measuring and estimating a carpet clean on the communal areas of 12 large blocks of private apartments, hundreds and hundreds of stairs. (my legs are killing me. :'( )

Once I'd finished and we sit down for a chat over a cuppa the Estate Manager then informs me that the cleaning has to be a form of dry clean because of risk to clients ie  wet floors,hoses ,noise etc .

You may or may not of noticed a previous posting saying much the same, when it comes to public areas safety has become the big issue and a lot of management companies want an alternative to HWE cleaning.

Looks like I'll be investing in a D.F. system before long.  ;)

carpet guy

Re: Communal Area Carpet Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:04:08 am »
Evolution old boy, which you can fight, but they will wear you down and you will soon be regarded as a dinosaur, if you don't comply.

Having said that, I had a similar situation about 12 years ago, where the carpeted area of a large, private hospital  ran up to the vynil flooring at the staff dining area.

At the time I used the New Technology One Step, mist sprayed, aggitated  with Klanz and extracted with CFR withhot water. Virtually touch dry as I left, with 2 hours before traffic was due.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:28:50 am »
Hi Guys

I was talking to an electrical installation manager in the city and he said lots of offices are requiring a 110 v machine, as apparently it is virtually impossible to electrocute yourself.

Cheers

Doug

carpet guy

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:35:28 am »
Is it not Amps rather than Volts that kill ?

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 06:34:10 pm »
Why are we digging 4 year old posts up ??
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 07:39:31 pm »
Because Paul there is bugger new  to talk about . Carpet cleaning is one full circle. after 30 yrs in this fine profession I went from foam clean back to guess,

Yes your right Foam cleaning but with a twist incapsulation they call it now :-\

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 02:01:36 am »
Rob

Believe woodman did not purchase DF but got a TEX instead.

For the record I do a lot of these communal areas (blocks of flats ok private apartments ;D) never ever had a problem using hwe and I’m very much into HS

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jason Hedges

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:14:48 am »
Hi Len,

I bought woodmands texatherm system with the added information, just sold it as well due to the restricted process. Tried and couldnt get on with it.

Good luck with anyone using the so called dry process! May work with some but not for me unfortunately!!

Stick with the t/m for now.

All the best,
Jason.

lands

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 10:36:15 am »
Hi Trevor

I thought you had hung your hoses up for good mate.