DVFine

newbie wfp user needs help
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:35:36 pm »
I recently got all the bits I needed but now it's together I'm struggling with the Ro unit as 9 hours later and my 350 litre tank is only over half full. I've ordered a booster pump tonight out of desperation. I set the tap on the Ro so that water flows from the pure pipe and a very slow dribble comes from the red waste pipe. the pressure from the hose/main tap seems good but the flow from the pure water pipe is so slooow. Imagine turning your tap on indoors and having it on just enough for the water to flow and not drip and that's what I'm getting. does this sound right and will the booster pump help produce the water quicker? Also, how does the booster pump plumb into the Ro?

richywilts

Re: newbie wfp user needs help
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:21:57 pm »
did u buy the equipment second hand if so you may need a new membrane roughly 250quid you also may need to open up the waste water to increase flow if you have a valve
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Pristine Clean

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 01:37:05 pm »
What size RO unit / Type do you have?

Some are larger than others an are able to cope and produce more. We have 40/40 6 STAGE FILTERATION.

Many people purchase RO units that were originall and still are designed for Marine use and not for Window Cleaners at all.

But are being sold as Window Cleaning equipment (That really annoys me) If you have purchased a small unit it will only produce a small amount.

Also your presure is important. Do you have a presure gauge? if so whats it reading is it at least 40 or above

Cheers

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Steve peel

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:17:36 pm »
I recently got all the bits I needed but now it's together I'm struggling with the Ro unit as 9 hours later and my 350 litre tank is only over half full. I've ordered a booster pump tonight out of desperation. I set the tap on the Ro so that water flows from the pure pipe and a very slow dribble comes from the red waste pipe. the pressure from the hose/main tap seems good but the flow from the pure water pipe is so slooow. Imagine turning your tap on indoors and having it on just enough for the water to flow and not drip and that's what I'm getting. does this sound right and will the booster pump help produce the water quicker? Also, how does the booster pump plumb into the Ro?

First of all is to check your pressure from the tap needs to be over 40psi
2nd how many ro's do you have ? and are they 40ins ro's ?
If they are second hand before you buy a new membrane flush out the ro with pure water not from the tap, the best way to do this is connect a hosepipe to your outlet as if you were cleaning windows then connect other end to your fill port open up ro fully anti clockwise switch your pump on full and monitor the flow from your drain port if it is slow and then comes out faster after about 10 to 15 mins then it has being clogged up so continue to flush until a good flow is coming out of drain port and depending on your hardness of water TDS from tap depends how often you need to flush. with a very good inlet pressure you should fill your 350 tank in about 2 hours max. if it is a small ro unit normally used for domestic water then yes it will take a long time to fill a tank.
when you are producing pure water you should regulate your pressure around 10 to 15 psi  from maximum depending on type of system shown on the pressure gauge so you have a nice 2 to 3 inch flow from your drain port this should give you best quality water and a quicker fill time,
but it would be nice to know what your system consists of if you cut corners and do not use the right equipment and filters then you will experience problems forever.