mark_roberts

Prochem machine specs
« on: May 11, 2004, 01:42:38 am »
Got the new Prochem catalogue today.  Was looking at the machines and see they now have a full list of specs for portables and truckmounts.

They have the powerplus portable machine rated at 220" of lift and 240cfm.

The Blazer truckmount is rated at 176"of lift and 250cfm.

So which is more powerful and why?

thanks
Mark

Dynafoam

Re: Prochem machine specs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 12:29:28 pm »
Mark,

bald statitics can be confusing and missleading.

The Blazer has the power to more closely sustane these figures under opperating conditions. The airflow figures quoted are measured off-load, without hoses, wand and carpet causing their inevitable reduction.

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 10:14:35 pm »
John

Not having seen the new brochure.  Isn’t that where the trading standards office comes in ;D ;D, I wonder what the powerplus power is on-load and are the trying to sell it as a portable t/m ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 12:01:10 am »
I was wondering the same.

Dont want to know anymore as far as I am concerned acording to statistics in Prochem Cat my portable is as poweful as truckmount.  It has boasted my confidence no end, so I do not have a mental piture of a truckmount operator dong a better job due to my equipment.

Please Please do not destroy this,

Regards

Ian

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 12:26:23 am »
Ian

Sorry to put a damper on you illusions the tm rug doctor is a far superior system but as I cant afford it I will stay with my bex-bissel and shack and vac, if the customer is happy who am I too complain.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 12:26:41 am »
Ian,

I am sorry to destroy any illusions. The figures are correct in the circumstances under which they are measured. (off-load)

It is an unfortunate fact that under load the figures would differ.

But do not let this cause a loss of confidence. I have had demonstrations of truck-mounted  extractors where I have produced better results with my portable.
In all honesty, had the equipment been swopped, I still would have got the better results.

The most important attatchment to the extraction machine is the opperator. Having the desire to do the best job possible is the first step. Training and experience comes next.

Do you think that Derek or Ken would produce lesser results than Ivor Sucker, who left his firemans' job two days ago, and picked up the worlds most powerfull TM yesterday?

Do you think that these two dedicated individuals would let a few thousand pounds stand in their way if thay felt that they were producing inferior results with their portable equipment?

You do not need a sledge hammer to knock down a brick wall - even if it will do the job quicker than one half the size.

Take heart young man, you have already started the journey in the correct manner and you have a machine that is capable of producing end results indistiguishable from those produced by a Blazer on most jobs.

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 01:07:25 am »
John

No argument from me!

I have a friend in the government service they need a new spin doctor pay is poor only £15k per month I was offered the position but had to decline due to family commitments wife spends that a week, on the sort list for M&S so the job is yours.

Len

Dynafoam

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 01:10:02 am »
Thanks Len  :D

John.

Paul_Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 12:35:35 am »
I dont totally agree, the air flow are measured "open" flow, ie just the blower on a bench running at optimum speed, with minimum load, but the 'static vaccuum' ie lift is obviously measured at maximum load. ie. with vac. inlet effectively closed.

Under 'real' world conditions the TM will ALWAYS out perform the numble portable, clearly you have 16 hp (12000 w) driving the vac. blower and water pump and upto 80000 w of 'free' heat, compare that to your 3000 w from a 13amp plug !!

And also you'll find that the prochem data is not 100% accurate......... ;)

DaveR

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 01:12:24 am »
Prochem data not accurate! Whatever  do you mean?