Robert_O

Re: Pre vacuuming
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2004, 01:30:04 am »
Hi Dave  

Please don't think I was singling you out Dave, that was not what I intended at all. I was picking up on a couple of general comments and views held by quite a few cleaners that I have heard in the past.

Bonsure for now!!!   ;D

Regards

Robert's independent traders (Oh & cleaning!!!)

Dave Parry

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2004, 01:54:15 am »
No offence taken.
What happened to the other 4 non-vacummers
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

C_J_Meyer

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2004, 02:16:36 am »
I'm staggered that anyone admits to not vacuuming, I've been convinced since early IICRC courses (prior to that I didn't vacuum). I find the clean to be easier, quicker and the results better with a pre vac than without.  Mind you I will also use a cotton bonnet to work in the prespray* then extact with a truckmount and even sometimes bonnet finish with a clean pad.  Some of the worst cleans I've ever had to do have been when a carpet has been wet cleaned with a low power portable, no pre vac and all the S**t has been washed right down to the base of the fibres.

* another waste of time in the eyes of some "professional cleaners"

Chris Meyer NCCA 1053

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2004, 11:35:00 am »
Hi Chris

Bonnet agitation is very underated by many. First logic thoughts are that without the penetration of a brush, only the yarn tips are agitated. But I'm with you on this one. My thoughts are that the yarn itself will agitate against the neighbouring yarn. An excellent job and reduced moisture content in the carpet. A variation on this which is also successful is to use a white 3M skimming pad. Similar agitation but less moisture removal.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dynafoam

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2004, 08:09:14 pm »
Hi Ken,

Bringing your last comments up-to-date, how about a Charley pad for this purpose ? It has the same virtues of the skimming pad re. moisture.

Personally I would prefer not to use any rotary pad on a twisted yarn, due to the torque effect.

John.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2004, 10:52:25 pm »
John

I don't "torque" as much as you do ;) but even so, I still haven't had the opportunity to try one of Nick's Charleys. And as most of my HWE work is domestic, I use my Host Machine, much lighter, practical and versatile (can use it on stairs too). Logic tells me that the Charley's Angel would be excellent.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Len Gribble

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2004, 12:05:37 am »
Ken

Which Charley's Angel the old stock or the new ones ??? ???

Len ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2004, 09:13:13 am »
Len

Why worry...try 'pick and mix'

Derek