richy27

word of warning about ebay
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:11:44 am »
not really related to cleaning but some of us use ebay to sell unwanted equipment etc etc

well i sold some golf clubs back in early may for the sum of 200 quid on the 2nd to be exact the buyer left positive feedback when recieved them.

he payed vis paypal . he had a total of 45 days to open a dispute on the 44th day guess what he opened a dispute and did a charge back on his credit card and in turn paypal placed my balance on negative to the sum sold these funds were on hold to dispute was ressolved.

well the dispute was filled on the 17 th of june and on the 8 th of june he resold the clubs CHEEKY SOD
so he was trying to get his money back from me and resell them for a profit so infact he would of pocketted £400.

well informed paypal and ebay about this cause i found my clubs had been resold due to looking at his feedback remarks he had even copied and pasted my pictures and listing details.

all resolved now have been protected by paypal sellers protaction policy and the guy is in shi* from ebay and paypal.

just thought this could be helpfull to others and i wont be selling and giving paypal as a payment option again.

safe and happy ebaying LOL

AJB

Re: word of warning about ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32:38 am »
That's a rarety as Ebay don't usually want to know if there's a problem,
and 9 times out of ten they side with the buyer. Immaterial of the facts.

There are far too many con merchants selling total carp.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:24:30 pm »
Paypal is a pain in the backside. We are even considering removing it from our shop. We have had people purchase items using Paypal which has then been reversed as their bank would not honour their direct debit to Paypal. They have then refused to pay us leaving us to chase the debt. No help whatsover from paypal, as much use as a paper walking stick.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

richy27

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 12:34:22 pm »
is been a big eye opener john wont be letting people pay with paypal any longer. although i had all the facts on my side it just seemed so easy for someone to do a chargeback when they were not even any longer in possesion of the item. that is what really got me goin cause if they had not liked the clubs when they recieved i would of happily refunded and sold again the whole fact is they had sold on before issueing the chargeback.   day light robbery in actual fact

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 12:40:54 pm »
Unfortunately Paypal, Ebay and Google seem to be above the law and operate out of Luxemburg. Their customer service stinks and it takes hours and hours to even get to speak to a human being even than they are usually worse than useless.

vacman

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:08:32 pm »
is been a big eye opener john wont be letting people pay with paypal any longer. although i had all the facts on my side it just seemed so easy for someone to do a chargeback when they were not even any longer in possesion of the item. that is what really got me goin cause if they had not liked the clubs when they recieved i would of happily refunded and sold again the whole fact is they had sold on before issueing the chargeback.   day light robbery in actual fact

Alas the choice to accept paypal is no longer ours, you pretty much have to do it  :(

vacman

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 01:10:14 pm »
Unfortunately Paypal, Ebay and Google seem to be above the law and operate out of Luxemburg. Their customer service stinks and it takes hours and hours to even get to speak to a human being even than they are usually worse than useless.

How very true. But it is a case of voting with your feet if you don't like it, as ebay have the monopoly. They can, and they do, do as they please. As a buyer, i find using ebay a doddle. As a seller, well, i just can't be bothered.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 01:42:02 pm »
I've got loads of tat for sale.... I'll be doing a car boot from now on Rich....

master-clean

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 02:10:35 pm »
I left ebay a long time ago after it took so long and so many emails to resolve a simple problem

I got a life to lead and decided I was not going to waste any more of it with that website.

PS the problem was someone in africa put a £1500 bid on an item worth £50 and ebay charged me the final value % fee based on that amount!!

and guess what the person in africa wanted me to send item then they'll send the cash! ;D yeah right!

My advice leave ebay.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 03:11:33 pm »
That scam is a proper nightmare. They send you a cheque that clears, then they get in touch with you and ask for the money back for whatever reason. So you send them their money back then 6 weeks down the line the cheque they sent you is found to be fake, so you lose twice the original ammount....  >:(

clinton

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 04:20:13 pm »
Your right richard i would not bother with e bay much myself as its full of rubbish anyway and thats putting it polite ;D

Wouldnt touch a machine from there either unless its one of he guys from here selling ::)

master-clean

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 04:35:09 pm »
Theres a website called gumtree sell second hand stuff on there, its FREE and alot less time consuming not to mention less frustraighting. :)

Agree with Clinton its all rubbish on ebay anyway, alot of its stuff people got at car boots and flogging it to make money.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 04:47:59 pm »
EBay is brilliant if you are patient and keep looking at all the categories.

I've just bought 2 diesel hot water units  that were made for the US Army, they are designed to produce hot water for field decontamination units, they are top of the range and built with no expense spared if I told you how much they cost you wouldnt believe me and got them both for less than 10% of there original cost.

the company who is selling them has no idea what they are.

the other side of the coin is when I bought a dry fusion kit for £25 (pity it was knicked and D/f sent the police to arrest me :o :o)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 09:55:53 pm »
Had some brilliant items of Ebay motorbikes 3 cars 2 wand 1 trainers, shoes, the list goes on and only one problem sorted by paypal in under 24 hrs other side of the coin.

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 11:06:36 pm »
Been using eBay for years now.  Never had a problem throughout hundreds of transactions.  Just use common sense and check out feedback ratings - don't buy if the feedback is less than 97%.  As with all walks of life, you get bad apples in every barrel.  There is no perfect system to beat the outright scum in many systems. I think  eBay & Paypal work well on the whole.  What about the banks?  If someone clones your card details, usually neither they or the police want to know ( they will usually blame you ).  This is otherwise known as "The Cop Out" method.

I don't understand the one about £50 value item selling for £1,500.  If the other top bids were around £50, and the Nigerian's bid £1,500 as their max bid, the auction would end at somewhere just above £50, nowhere near £1,500. 
You can specify where you are willing to accept bids from, mostly stick to U.K - less hastle.  Certainly not to Nigeria, scam capital of the world.  Who has not received an eMail telling of a Nigerian government minister who wants to give you millions of pounds in return for your banking details.  Yeah Right!!!

Just keep your wits about you and you should be ok. & remember the something for nothing scenario, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!!

Jim

www.spic-n-span.co.uk
Cleaning is our Game - Excellence is our Aim !!!