Adam10

work at the weekends??
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:24:50 pm »
Do You work at the weekends at all, are the customers interested in having a carpet cleaned on Saturday or Sunday?

Re: work at the weekends??
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:18:26 pm »
Some ask for it but after 5 days of doing this type of work do you really want 6 days of it? I steer people to work days only.
Now commercial jobs are different ofcourse.

Trouble with weekends is that they don't want you there too early and kids can be a real pain getting in the way etc.

AquaMagic

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:26:15 pm »
Only book in weekends as a last resort and i make sure i get at least one of the days off, usually i find i have a small job either sat/sun morning ussually working no later than noon or 1 o clock.  However ive got a commercial job this weekend, i ASKED to do it on the weekend becuase its an office that will be empty as it only opens standard office hours, this makes life a lot easier, besides i dont mind when ill be getting about £100ish per hour you dont mind making exceptions when a decent job comes in.  Sometimes weekends are unavoidable so expect to turn work away occasionaly if you arent prepared to do the odd job here and there, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to spend time with family or in the pub.  ;D

Dene

Adam10

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 10:28:15 pm »
i was just wondering if i could maybe start doing the job only at the weekends to get some customers before i leave my present job, that was the reason of my question.

thank You Neil :)

Adam10

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 10:32:03 pm »
 i just wasn't sure if it's possible to get any job at the weekend, but now i know it is,

thanks Dene

rs_cleancare

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:25:32 am »
I get asked quite alot if I would work saturday or start at 5pm or 6pm as they don't get home from work till then.
Always try to aviod it and get them booked in for the week days.

Chris34

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 02:13:50 pm »
For the people who are out at work all day can you not get there early in the morning when they are going to work and say you will shut the door on your way out?  or maybe even get them to leave the keys with a neighbour so the neighbour can let you in the house and then lock up afterwards?

DanielWelford

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 05:04:16 pm »
I work every Saturday, as demand forces it. Sometimes work Sunday, but only if over £100.

Dan