johnwillan

Re: Apologies To Albright & Shiny
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 11:41:30 am »
There is a company trading as 911virgin (sells pre owned Porsche's) they received a letter from Virgin highlighting the need to ensure clients are clear it is nothing to do with virgin itself, other than that they continue to trade.

bobplum

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 12:21:02 pm »
Hi,
 Reference my previous posts regarding me copying Jim`s artwork. I have apologised to Jim regarding this but it was a genuine mistake. We have sorted it out now. Its hard to find a name that hasn`t been used already as there are so many window cleaners about.
 I have been on this forum for over a year now and got loads of advice. I wish I had asked about picking a name! I hope you won`t judge me too harshly over this because I meant no harm.
  Steve
All done and dusted now and a big bit of respect to Steve for declaring it as  a simple mistake and lack of knowledge of the legislation around trademarks and the like at the earliest opportunity..  .

There is one positive that I can take out of it.. The livery does what its supposed to.. Its attracts people to it.. Whats that saying "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery" lol

just pretend you have a sister company in NI

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »
There is (or was) a second hand shop in Rainham, Kent that called themselves "'Arrods".  The real Harrods threatened them with legal action - as if they could possibly be any threat to them.

The shop retaliated by changing their name to "Not 'Arrods" ;D

robert mitchell

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 07:18:09 pm »
There was a shop in southampton that opened up called "feast way"  blatant rip off of subway right down to colours /menu etc .

They disappeared very quickly!
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 07:55:12 pm »
There is (or was) a second hand shop in Rainham, Kent that called themselves "'Arrods".  The real Harrods threatened them with legal action - as if they could possibly be any threat to them.

The shop retaliated by changing their name to "Not 'Arrods" ;D

;D ;D ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)