redstarwindowcleaners

Re: Tax Relief?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »
Is there a list somewhere of what you can claim for
Stand before my gates and be judged

Marc Whitbread

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 08:50:12 pm »
My accountant has advised I can claim 25% of all utility bills water electric gas phone etc as we use all these for our buisness! apparantly the revenue deem that as a reasonable percentage

Marc

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 02:55:46 am »
I would have thought any computer type equipment you would be able to put through as an expense, am I wrong on this, I've claimed for laptops and iPads in the past..?

Graham

Ian Rochester

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 05:11:14 am »
Get an accountant, they will sort it for you and a good one will save you a lot more than they cost you

Mike #1

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 06:43:17 am »
I would have thought any computer type equipment you would be able to put through as an expense, am I wrong on this, I've claimed for laptops and iPads in the past..?

Graham

You cant claim for the total purchase price of an Ipad or Laptop if  their is personal use as well only a percentage which is why i have a Chartered Accountant . Mike

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 11:02:34 pm »
I have always added up the utility bills including council tax and claimed 1/6 of total for use of home as office. I was advised many years ago by my accountant to do this.

I reckon you need to hire a new one because the one that gave you that advice could get you into trouble.  :o

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 11:10:13 pm »
I have always added up the utility bills including council tax and claimed 1/6 of total for use of home as office. I was advised many years ago by my accountant to do this.

I reckon you need to hire a new one because the one that gave you that advice could get you into trouble.  :o

I only get a tenner a week allowed
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

andyM

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 03:35:56 pm »
This is on the HMRC site and gives some examples:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim47825.htm
One of the Plebs

dd

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 04:29:24 pm »

You really have it in for me don't you 8 weekly!