Bobs Window Cleaning

Cherry picker risk assessment
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »
Hi guys
Not been on here for a while but hope you're all okay here.

Any chance somebody could help me with a risk assessment template for a cherry picker.

Thanks guys.
Bob.
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

TheWindowManChris

Re: Cherry picker risk assessment
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:01:07 am »
Hi guys
Not been on here for a while but hope you're all okay here.

Any chance somebody could help me with a risk assessment template for a cherry picker.

Thanks guys.
Bob.

Did you not get a blank copy from Hire Firm?

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:13:17 am »
No..I did ask but they said they only supply the cherry picker.
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:44 pm »
You haven't had a reply so I will help out.

An access hire company will never give you a template risk assessment, not sure where that came from. Have you done a method statement?.

The risk assessment for the access needs to take into account what you're doing and working on, the access needs to be brought into both parts and the risks will be movements, loss of control, footfall, intrusion into the works area by a third party, noise from the machine, the base you are working on and others.

From your perspective - what will be immediately affected by you driving the access, moving it, working on it and storing it. Are there any reasons why you could affect the site and other peoples works?

You need to describe in your method about movements (banks-man etc) and that you will check the machine before each use for any obvious issues, make sure the LOLER certificate and service are up to date.

We have a secondary part to the RAMS that gives us an option to change them, if the site has changed, we add this as a daily option because our works can be spread out and the site I visit may well be completely different to the one we go and clean.

My RAMS can be up to 70 pages and I can assure those that say why? - because they need to be. We have to include everything as anal as refilling the pressure washers, accident reporting, chemical usage, the breakdown of red diesel as a chemical - this alone is 16 pages, rescue from the access if broken down, if the operator is unconscious and or incapable of lowering and if the operator is hanging conscious or unconscious from the basket.

I would not say you need all of this.

Good luck.

If you get stuck email me.

Rob ;D

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 01:57:07 pm »
would love to read one of those 70 pages RAMS   ;D
Spit and polish