StockClean

Re: can you leave it till next time
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 12:22:29 am »
Of course Paul, hey its all how you want to work and all that.

But your right for me it does work well. I used to work in sales and marketing for IT technologies.

anyway better get off to bed, i should have gone an hour ago

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:46 am »
stockclean your rigid system and giving out next clean dates make me wanna................have a day off!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes the beauty of window cleaning is we can run it the way we see fit.

flexibility is very important because of a number of reasons for me.

1.it would drive me mad having to stick rigidly to working 5 days a week cleaning windows.

2.bad weather.its just impossible to clean some days or just miserable to work in it!

3.if im feeling run down or bored with wcleaning a few days off gets me recharged for the next onslaught.

4.booking last min holidays is great and i  just sod off abroad somewhere! ;D ;D

5.its great to have a bit more time off than the average joe who works for someone else.

6.i never let customers down as i get round roughly monthly/2 monthly/6 weekly.customers never complain.

oh and by the way i very rarely get a "not today" unless their having  building work done.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2011, 10:51:57 pm »
stockclean your rigid system and giving out next clean dates make me wanna................have a day off!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes the beauty of window cleaning is we can run it the way we see fit.

flexibility is very important because of a number of reasons for me.

1.it would drive me mad having to stick rigidly to working 5 days a week cleaning windows.

2.bad weather.its just impossible to clean some days or just miserable to work in it!

3.if im feeling run down or bored with wcleaning a few days off gets me recharged for the next onslaught.

4.booking last min holidays is great and i  just sod off abroad somewhere! ;D ;D

5.its great to have a bit more time off than the average joe who works for someone else.

6.i never let customers down as i get round roughly monthly/2 monthly/6 weekly.customers never complain.

oh and by the way i very rarely get a "not today" unless their having  building work done.

regards

dazmond
Well said that man!

jouk45

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 11:19:36 pm »
I am getting a lot of this at the moment. It's not just 'not today', it's 'come back next week'. This translated means 'try again in a month or two's time and I might have them done then'.     

In good old England I very rarely had a 'not today thank you' from anyone in over 14 years.

Here in Ireland it is completely different. Here window cleaning is such a low priority with so many people, that I have to ask, be it by texting or knocking their door, to get permission to clean my customers' windows. It is not the done thing to just turn up and clean them.

I am starting up from scratch and, believe me, it is very, very tough to get a foothold here.
Therefore I am having to go with it and keep canvassing until I get as many good, reliable customers as I need. I am sure they are out there, and I will find them. I have a strategy to deal with this situation, and it will work to my advantage.   

John

takes a lot of guts to keep going with that sort of situation. respect

Thanks for the encouraging words, KCleaning. I hope I didn't sound too negative in my earlier post! Yes it is tough going, but I am very, very determined to make it work.  

John.
johnny, i make it clear to any new custys right from the start, if i take them on,  i can not afford,  can you do it next time, i let them understand i have a living to make, and if i got 100 custys saying leave it to next time, all the time, i would not be in business, i have bills to pay aswell, it works for me,

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 12:39:24 am »
well sed jo
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Johnny B

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 12:18:34 am »

johnny, i make it clear to any new custys right from the start, if i take them on,  i can not afford,  can you do it next time, i let them understand i have a living to make, and if i got 100 custys saying leave it to next time, all the time, i would not be in business, i have bills to pay aswell, it works for me,
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, and in principle I agree with you. I was told when I first moved to Ireland that I had come to the wrong place to look for work. I thought 'I'll show you!' I quickly realized that I had to take whatever customers that came my way, including the messers. At the moment I tolerate them because I need every customer I get, good or bad. I have to say in their defence that customers here only have their windows cleaned if they have money on the day (that is their ethos rather than mine). I only seem to get messed about by the 'not this time' brigade. I do have some good, regular customers, and it is more people like these that I am still looking for. Once I have enough of these, the messers will be history!

John   
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.