lcwalker

WFP im not impressed
« on: March 21, 2011, 08:43:03 pm »
But i must admit ive only cleaned my house but ive been left with alot of spotting used 30ltrs of water on 11 windows also i feel its a cheating way of doing window cleaning, ill give it a chance but my results from trad were very good i cant see the wfp will or can be as good.
I mainly wanted a wfp setup for hard to reach windows, but doing my house it seemed as lot of messing about and the result weren't that great but i will practice, i have a shurflo backpack what speed setting should i have it on, i had it on 2 is this ok or would 3 be better.

Wc Solutions

Re: WFP im not impressed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:46:30 pm »
9/10 wc how start wfp think after the first week - what have i done! waste of money! ladders out!

give it a month and you really will wonder how you ever managed without wfp

you prob wont believe me know but trust me! you will end up loving it!

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 08:49:07 pm »
9/10 wc how start wfp think after the first week - what have i done! waste of money! ladders out!

give it a month and you really will wonder how you ever managed without wfp

you prob wont believe me know but trust me! you will end up loving it!

i agree with wc,have a look at the windows tomorrow then clean again and check on wednesday and come back on here with a honest answer
bob

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:50:33 pm »
rinse scrub rinse sum more
then rinse rinse rinse
26yrs trad me pal
wfp 100% better results ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:55:04 pm »
after 10 months wfp im really flying now!!ive now re-learned my round and 80% is done with wfp!it really is a fantastic tool for cleaning windows.also im getting through the work quite a bit faster!! ;D ;D ;D

you ll probably be slower for while compared to trad and you will get complaints.in fact i bet you lose a few as well.

DONT GIVE UP BEFORE THE MIRACLE HAPPENS!!! ;D ;D ;D

accept that itll be a learning curve but once you ve been round all your customers with it say 3-4 times itll get better and better and then you ll wonder how you used to climb up a ladder to every bloody window just to clean it when you can clean it in 10 seconds from the ground!!

by far the best investment ive made in window cleaning.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:58:54 pm »
Its all about the rinse mate

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »
rinse scrub rinse sum more
then rinse rinse rinse
26yrs trad me pal
wfp 100% better results ;)

I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONLY 25! GAV

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 09:22:55 pm »

you ll probably be slower for while compared to trad and you will get complaints.in fact i bet you lose a few as well.

what makes you think he will lose a few ?

dazmond
where theres muck theres money

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »
But i must admit ive only cleaned my house but ive been left with alot of spotting used 30ltrs of water on 11 windows also i feel its a cheating way of doing window cleaning, ill give it a chance but my results from trad were very good i cant see the wfp will or can be as good.
I mainly wanted a wfp setup for hard to reach windows, but doing my house it seemed as lot of messing about and the result weren't that great but i will practice, i have a shurflo backpack what speed setting should i have it on, i had it on 2 is this ok or would 3 be better.

The first attempt won't always do the business properly.  It's why some of us go around twice on a first clean.  Use the water on a high setting for the first clean or two, rinse loads and the problem should iron out.  It's just that it might take 2 or 3 cleans.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 09:34:49 pm »
d because i lost a few!! ;) ;D ;D ;Dbecause they didnt like the pole!i lost a £20 country house as well because he thought it would rot his wooden windows faster!!!the job was quite dangerous off the ladders esp when wet so i just accepted it as there was no way i was going to clean it again up a ladder!

ive picked up a fair few though BECAUSE i have the pole.also i can charge extra to existing customers because of the extra awkward windows  that are cleaned now every time! ;D ;D ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:36:13 pm »
Its all about the rinse mate

That's the one.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 09:45:21 pm »
d because i lost a few!! ;) ;D ;D ;Dbecause they didnt like the pole!i lost a £20 country house as well because he thought it would rot his wooden windows faster!!!the job was quite dangerous off the ladders esp when wet so i just accepted it as there was no way i was going to clean it again up a ladder!

ive picked up a fair few though BECAUSE i have the pole.also i can charge extra to existing customers because of the extra awkward windows  that are cleaned now every time! ;D ;D ;D
right i see you are speaking from your own personal experience .
where theres muck theres money

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 10:08:49 pm »
keep going with the pole, give it time.

lcwalker

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 10:36:11 pm »
Was 30ltrs alot to use on 11 windows and it was only on setting 2 .

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:32 pm »
i THINK IT CAN BE REASONABLE DEPENDING ON HOW DIRTY THE GLASS AND FRAMES WERE. THIS OBSESSION WITH CLEANING WITH HARDLY NO WATER IS CRAP AS YOU NEED TO FLOAT THE DIRT OF THE GLASS AND YOU CANNOT DO THIS WITH A LITTLE WATER,

lozsing

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 06:57:32 am »
when i started wfp i used 350l on 12 houses on 1st cleans. lol, now i get double that after they have settled down

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 07:15:33 am »
you ll use loads on first cleans esp if frames are dirty as well.you could do with going out with a local experienced wfp window cleaner as you will make a mess of some windows!

at the moment you have no idea how to treat different types of windows in regards to wfpoling them!

i had a lot of problems with runs from in between 2 hoppers ruining the sheet of glass underneath,sash windows,oxidised frames also caused me problems!i really wanted to pack it in after a week!!!

after a while you ll start knowing what to do in regards to the window type.its whether your customers will be as forgiving!luckily a lot of mine are good loyal long standing customers and gave me a few months to get used to the new system.

95% of the time my work comes up fantastic!i still get the odd run here and there(usually from water trapped in the top seal that runs down when ive gone but its hardly noticable).apart from that you ll get a much more thorough clean than trad in a faster time with less effort.

best wishes

dazmond

lcwalker

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:37 pm »
Hi thanks for the advice, ive been out today and did a first clean traditional and under quoted i told her next time it will be done WFP then the quote wont be so bad.
My second job was a 2nd clean and the lady was out a few hard to get to upstairs windows and a bay window so i just went for it (WFP) my partner did some of the down stairs traditional but alot had dried before i left and looked good.
It just seemed so quick and easy it seems to good to be true.I have looked at my own windows again and they didn't come up to bad just some spotting but they were pretty dirty to start with, also i needed the flow setting higher and im getting the hang of the rinsing i was to far away rinsing from the glass yesterday, but today it all seemed to go well thanks again for your help and advice.

Richardsons Clean

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 01:28:13 pm »
keep with it i started with wfp last year,its a big jump from trad window cleaning i know.your efforts will be rewarded.ive picked so much work up that i couldnt do with trad cleaning.and from advice from people on this forum ive ordered the clx pole from gardiners(always learning ;D)all the best

lcwalker

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 01:32:08 pm »
keep with it i started with wfp last year,its a big jump from trad window cleaning i know.your efforts will be rewarded.ive picked so much work up that i couldnt do with trad cleaning.and from advice from people on this forum ive ordered the clx pole from gardiners(always learning ;D)all the best

Thats the pole i have the 22 one it seems good.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 05:54:26 pm »
18 yrs trad, 18 mths Wfp, i'm allergic to ladders nonw.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 06:24:11 pm »
Have you checked the TDS of your water?

lcwalker

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 08:59:08 pm »
Yes my TDS is 000.

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 09:10:10 pm »
Most of the dirty water will come from the top frame - right over the top of the openers. Run your finger along it and see. Other areas are any vents and even the rubber seals. Just keep going and try to understand where the dirt comes from. It's all part of wfp. It doesn't work well 100% of the time and you need to refine your technique over time. I've been doing it for four years or more and can always find fault if i look hard enough.

S

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »
I am not that far from you. u can pop over sometime if you like. I will show you how I do it.