lozsing

which one would you buy elecric reel and why
« on: March 23, 2018, 08:40:13 am »
power up hd or pure freedom reelmaster

Gringo

Re: which one would you buy elecric reel and why
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 11:40:26 am »
I've got waterworks power up hd, love it, went for that, because of footprint size, the pure freedom one looks a beast it will be well engineered but looks big, also main reason I got in black Friday sale in window cleaning warehouse they do it every year so instead of £400 + vat, paid £300 + vat , my shoulder hip I was getting totally gone, get one you won't look back, Ste

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 12:42:18 pm »
I’m going for the pure freedom one in a few months , looks awesome

NWH

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 01:38:24 pm »
HD power up is much smaller fits 100 meters of microbore easy enough and is much more compact,it’s only the width of a delivered 100 meters of microbore hose.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 06:44:20 pm »
the pure freedom ones look a lot more robust....

the only negative thing ive heard about the power up reels is the hose can slide off the side and tangle around the reel which cant happen with the pure freedom ones(as theres a bar preventing this from happening).....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 07:01:37 pm »
You soon get used to using the HD if it goes over the side you’ll soon be able to pull it back over the metal part of the reel,they are very powerful they will reel in 100 meters in around 30 seconds,mega bit of kit if you ask me. For the sake of the 600 odd quid it costs it has saved me no end of grief having to hand crank,if you have a lot of stand alone jobs like me it’s a must have,I’ve always said it reeling the poxy hose in is the hardest part of WFP especially in summer months when it’s hot and humid.

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 07:07:52 pm »
here's a review i did a while back on the hd reel if it helps with decision making http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=206634.0

Just to add the reel has been faultless since i first got it.  I've never had an issue with the hose sliding off the side if you guide the hose on this won't happen.

MNWC

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 07:30:55 pm »
Had the pure freedom one now for about 3 weeks bought it with 100 metres of red micro bore. Its very well made, over engineered in a way....i bolted it down through the van floor with the fixing kit provided. Came with the wired remote control and have to say i cant fault it all... soft start when you reel it in, anti snag if it snags on anything on the way in plus you can set the speed and also check the battery voltage with the supplied controller (spring i think)

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 07:36:23 pm »
Water works HD have 4 of them very pleased

If money was no object then grippa electric , but would prefer it to be smaller footprint and in general use for a while

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 08:12:41 pm »
The anti snag maybe a good feature for some but it’ll cut in if it gets caught on anything small,when you get used to one without it if it seems to grab something or your reeling back in where’s you can’t see it you just go easy till you can see most of the hose. I generally walk back to the van with the end in my hand and drop it a couple of yards from the back door unless I can see from the van all that I’ve reeled out.

lozsing

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 06:37:14 pm »
Pure freedom it is then , going to pick it up Thursday afternoon so I can get it fitted over weekend

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 06:57:51 pm »
Pure freedom it is then , going to pick it up Thursday afternoon so I can get it fitted over weekend

Let us know what you think ! 👍

lozsing

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 07:03:38 pm »
will do , only set up fixed reel for 2 days , wish i had done it years ago not lifted reel out for 2 days its been great.wish i had done it years ago

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 07:11:28 pm »
will do , only set up fixed reel for 2 days , wish i had done it years ago not lifted reel out for 2 days its been great.wish i had done it years ago

Cheers! I used to lift the reel in and out too but I found that I had a sore back everyday so fixed it in and made a massive difference to me too - I’m looking forward to getting my electric reel in a month or so

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 07:15:14 pm »

ive had a fixed reel too for years now.....best way...

also if you get a really good one its virtually effortless to reel in too negating the need for an electric one....... ;)

lozsing

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 06:54:59 pm »

all set for next Tuesday

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 07:17:04 pm »
That looks great!

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 07:38:39 pm »
where do you keep your battery that you need to run it?and how do you connect it up?crocodile clips?

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 08:02:53 pm »
where do you keep your battery that you need to run it?and how do you connect it up?crocodile clips?

I’m hoping it’s crocodile clips too- I bought a pump&controller on a back plate from pure freedom not so long back and I asked them to put croc clips on as I don’t mind paying extra - and they did ! I’m no good with wiring , like to keep it simple

lozsing

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 08:18:11 pm »
battery next to tank near sliding door , easy to take out and charge. connected reel and pump together will see how it goes i have a spare 110 amp battery that i will take with me until i see how it goes. Also my van inside is now dry as a bone no more drips from my hose reel