nathankaye

Re: which one would you buy elecric reel and why
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 09:46:48 pm »
I run mine from a seperate battery.
Thinks its 20 or 27ah, not sure now, but sit down lawn mowers use them.
I keep mine hooked upto a small solar panel which keeps it mostly topped up in between usage
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 10:47:49 pm »
I keep mine hooked upto a small solar panel which keeps it mostly topped up in between usage

Dear me that’s a lot of power Grippatank latest reel uses 3-4 amps max  , what size battery do you use ?

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 11:50:36 pm »

Dear me that’s a lot of power Grippatank latest reel uses 3-4 amps max  , what size battery do you use ?

12v 24amp hour.  The motor on reel is a 24v motor and i think the amp usage is the same.
I just like to keep things separate, and the battery is trickled fed from solar so its mostly (now the bad winter is over) topped up all the time.  But if not, it means i wouldnt have to bench charge the battery for some time.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 07:35:00 pm »
How much hose will fit on the Grippa electric hose reel and do they sell a wireless remote kit?  Like the one by Waterworks, think it's the HD one window cleaning warehouse sell but no good if it only holds 100m as I need a minimum of 150m of 8mm layflat hose. Can see the potential of the electric reels and interested in getting one soon.

lozsing

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 07:48:51 pm »
first impressions after using reel for 2 days , working fine on 1 110amp battery just charge it every night that's using it for at least 7-8 hours day .
glad i went for the soft start when your reeling in the last bit  as the tap comes through the floor you can just take your finger off the button then start it again straight away and the tap comes through the hole nice and steady.

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2018, 08:17:03 pm »
Anyone know if Pure Freedom & Grippatank have a separate remote control you can use in your hand as you're walking back to your van with WFP from job 100metres away plus?
Will they both take 8mm hose or is it just 6mm hose?
I like the look and price of HD (waterworks) reel with separate hand controller but 6mm hose maximum is not my preferred choice of hose)

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2018, 10:07:04 pm »

PF reels are well designed and built to a high standard . What you would expect from an engineering company
Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Spruce

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 07:32:53 am »

PF reels are well designed and built to a high standard . What you would expect from an engineering company
Ed

Please tell us what lights have you got on the inside? They look like LEDs.

I also see you are using the Sterling Battery to battery charger. How is it working for you?

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)