The Great One

Re: how to remove 100% limescale from glass
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 06:49:40 pm »
go to www.windowcleancentre.co.uk click on the chemical section and there is a product called crystalclear 550 this will definately do the job

Hi

This product is £12.50 for 1 ltr, this makes it uneconomical for cleaning sinks and the likes.

MDR is £6.50 for less than 500ml

The harpic is £1.60, sometimes £1 if on sale.

Regards

Martin 8)

trevor perry

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 07:37:49 pm »
go to www.windowcleancentre.co.uk click on the chemical section and there is a product called crystalclear 550 this will definately do the job

Hi

This product is £12.50 for 1 ltr, this makes it uneconomical for cleaning sinks and the likes.

MDR is £6.50 for less than 500ml

The harpic is £1.60, sometimes £1 if on sale.

Regards

Martin 8)

yes it is expensive but crystalclear 550 totally restore the glass, deffinately try the harpic first but if it fails its definatately worth having a bottle of crystal clear at hand for when the harpic doesnt work
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Adam P

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 11:54:43 am »
i just thought i'd say i've been using mdr and crystal clear 550 with great results. expensive stuff compared to harpic but then i always explain when viewing property if the glass will require the product and up the price by £5 to cover costs :)

i've found that crystal clear gives better results but i find i have to use harpic quickly first to remove the bulk of the limescale. mdr is great on it's own for bad limescale but it doesn't remove as much as crystal clear, though it's still very very good.

only thing that takes time now is applying and scrubbing the glass which i'd like to try and see if there is a way i can reduce this with a machine. anyone know of a small handheld rotating machine that'll work good for the shower doors? needs to be small enough to work for those folding shower doors that have thin panels.

also how do people deal with removing bad limescale from the corners of the folding/sliding shower doors? i had one wednesday that took me ages as i couldn't get to the limescale as easily as i'd had liked so had to use a knife to scrap each tiny bit at a time, but there was approx 8 corners to each side so i was there far too long. can't think of a better way to deal with it.

example of what i mean though the one wednesday was inside a slide so it was harder to get to

https://www.lowcostbathrooms.com/showers-enclosures-66/shower-screens-228614422/image-shower-screens-228614426/image-coral-5-fold-10798-7716_medium.jpg

The Great One

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 03:08:03 pm »
harpic with toothbrush

Next!

Adam P

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 03:12:09 pm »
harpic with toothbrush

Next!

i wish that was the case, but there is no way the pair would remove the harder brown stuff i often come across on those style doors.