CLEAN-MASTER

Using 'Henry' without bags
« on: June 15, 2008, 09:07:11 am »
Does anyone use their 'Henry' longterm without bags? I know they work fine without bags but have heard if you use for a long time without bags they lose suction, any comment would be appreciated.

Fox

Re: Using 'Henry' without bags
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:19:44 am »
Using a henry without a bag is perfectly fine in an emergency but you will find in the long run you are not saving any pennies as the filter will get blocked easily and the life of the henry will not be as long.

Fox

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 10:02:24 am »
Been using my henry for 6 years now - never used a bag, works perfectly.

Steve

*Chris Browne

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:21:55 pm »
Have had plenty of henry's motors burn out over the years because of cleaners not using bags and then not cleaning the filter, as stated, short term its ok but you must give the filter a good bashing every now and then....its much easier just to throw in a bag ;)

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:30:52 pm »
Hi

Same as steve, I have two henry's and have never used a bag, I do offices, communal and EOT cleaning.

No problems with either

Regards

Martin 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 08:03:02 pm »
Yes got some over five years old daily use commercial never a problem, leads on the other hand. >:(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Gerry Styles

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 11:46:47 am »
The bags act as a filter and you can simply take them out and dispose of them. Why have the hassle of all that dust with no bag, think of the respitory problems you are at risk from. I change the bag on mine every 2 weeks and they only cost pennies
Premier Klean Limited

dryasabone

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:58:25 am »
Check out the items for sale section I have a bargain George up for grabs

Prestige1

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 08:57:23 pm »
the purpose of the bag is filter the dust and dirt, if fine grit gets into the motor it will wear down the fins loosing suction, allthough some are saying it works fine you need to put your machine next to a machine that is the same age etc one that uses a bag and the other does not, the suction will say it all, when I vacuum I want to use as little effort as I can for every 2 strokes of a weak henry
= 1 stroke of a powerfull henry. easy in it! Phil
Who Dares Wins

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 08:52:17 am »
Does a reloving brush make any diffrence to a Henrrys performance.

The air type

apart from emergencies i cannot see a reason to use it without a bag.

John Kelly

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 02:53:57 pm »
The revolving brush makes a massive difference on carpets. Once you use a Numatic without a bag you loose suction power as the microfibre pores in the filter medium clog and even a good bash doesn't clear them properly.

Art

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 04:48:04 pm »
On a couple of occasions when we had run out of bags we've used them without but wouldn't normally. Shortens there life and all that dust when you open them  :(

We've been using revolving brushes for the last couple of years and they definately make a difference.

Bit pricey at £40 though

Kevin White

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 05:10:32 pm »
Only time I use a bag is when there is one in a new machine.

I regularly swap henry's about as I am checking on contracts. Takes about 10 mins to service one.
Bang the circular filter in the washing machine. Comes out new. Blow all the muck out of the motor through the vents, wash down the the outside, PAT test it and bingo, a new henry.
It also only takes a couple of minutes to change a broken switch or a motor.

BE A WINNER
coming 2nd means you were 1st to LOSE

Derek_Walker

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 05:44:11 pm »
The bag acts as part of the filtration process, without the bag you are in effect allowing the dust back into the working environment, which can cause the indoor air quality to suffer. Also if you are chucking dust back into air, all the hard work you have done dusting and polishing etc will have been for nothing.

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 10:18:10 am »
We've been using them for years without bags- they work fine
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

*Chris Browne

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:14 pm »
We've been using them for years without bags- they work fine

They do work fine, but they are not doing your vac any good ;)

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 04:04:13 pm »
To be honest, I only use my henry to vacuum up after I have laid new carpet. I have a Sebo BS36 for pre-vac when carpet cleaning.

Regarding the henry, as I say, never use bags, suction is fine, even use to vacuum up the floor prior to fitting carpet.

It cost me £ 100 six years ago and if it burns out I'll chuck it and buy a new one.

Steve

angie666

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 02:15:17 pm »
weve never used bags in our henrys....just make sure u clean filter reguarly :)

Prestige1

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »
Those who are using with out bags, your missing the point, after a period of time the suction will be less, you may stick your hand over the nozzle and say thats fine but trust me it will be less then a vac that is looked after and a bag is used, so if you want to deep clean a carpet, use a bag,
Who Dares Wins