Faye cleaning

Help please? Tarnished taps
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:25:44 pm »
Hello,
I wonder if anyone could help me please? two of my customers have tarnished/multicoloured/oily looking taps after I cleaned them with a very known bathroom cleaner.  I have been using this particular products since I started my cleaning business 8 years ago and never had any problems. I'm in contact with the company to see if any issues have been raised before.

Does anyone know of anything that would get rid of the tarnish? Or will the taps need replacing? :(
Many thanks

Geraldine

Re: Help please? Tarnished taps
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:32:45 am »
You probably  left the limescale Remover longer than you should, when you use it, clean as fast as you can and rinse off with loads of water to avoid this in the future, never use on gold taps either.
Demaged now so replace.

Also always read what the bathroom cleaner ingredients contain.

Faye cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:29:37 pm »
Thank you for your reply, I thought this may be the case  :(
It was only flash bathroom cleaner so Im pretty sure that doesn't have limescale remover in it. I've been using it for the past 8 years and never had a problem.... So strange.

Thanks once again

Charlie Allen

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »
Yup your not the only one! I did this to my own taps. If they are expensive taps you might be able to get them re -chromed
premierclean2000.com
Facebook.com/premierclean 2000 Ltd

Faye cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:04:57 pm »

I just thought I would share this incase anyone else is in the same situation! I've attached two pictures, one of the tarnished taps and one after.
I used bar keepers friends powder (I brought it from Lakeland) but lots of places sell it. I used a small a amount with some water and a soft cloth, literally took the tarnish off after a few scrubs,rinsed off with some water, and buffed to dry ! I was amazed at how brilliant it has come up and my customers are over the moon!

Hope this helps anyone who may need it :)

David Deer

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 06:51:47 am »
It was only flash bathroom cleaner so Im pretty sure that doesn't have limescale remover in it. 
It has a ph of 3.6 which is pretty acidic (contains citric acid). I've also never had a problem with taps so far but only clean gold taps with steam just to be safe.

Charlie Allen

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 09:41:42 pm »
Fortunately for u there cheap taps :)
premierclean2000.com
Facebook.com/premierclean 2000 Ltd