Smurf

Re: What camera / viewer for gutter vac system
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 02:10:14 pm »
If you are thinking of spending that short of money http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/camera.html for a crappy overpriced wifi baby monitor then you would be better spending roughly the same amount of money on something like this to be honest http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoPro-Hero4-Silver-LCD-Touch-Screen-Action-Camera-12-MP-4K-WiFi-Camcorder-Go-Pro-/221832891342?hash=item33a6454bce

That's also if you own a smart phone and you want to use it in so say real time. You would also need to buy a few extra batteries, charger,  mounts etc

Jamie McNamee

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 02:17:46 pm »
I think I will save £100 and get the Hero 3 from the same seller. What fitting do you use to attach it?

samson

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 02:23:33 pm »
We tried viewing on a phone, but the image is too small, so you are better off using a tablet !

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 02:33:00 pm »
We tried viewing on a phone, but the image is too small, so you are better off using a tablet !

Did you put the gopro app view in full screen mode as seems fine to me using it on an iphone?

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 04:21:40 pm »
As a test I've just tried the gopro app on an android tablet and like you say it’s a larger viewer obviously due to the tablet screen size. However the downside to this is the size of the actual tablet especially if you are working on your own you can't really strap it onto the pole or wear it on your wrist whilst working now can you?

So my question is how do you use the tablet in real time viewing whilst working as I’m guessing you must be working in pairs?

samson

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 04:46:53 pm »
As a test I've just tried the gopro app on an android tablet and like you say it’s a larger viewer obviously due to the tablet screen size. However the downside to this is the size of the actual tablet especially if you are working on your own you can't really strap it onto the pole or wear it on your wrist whilst working now can you?

So my question is how do you use the tablet in real time viewing whilst working as I’m guessing you must be working in pairs?
Yes our lass holds it, while I work the pole  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »

Bless her...what else does she do?  ;D
Nagging maybe? ... like left a bit right a bit no not that way you idiot springs to mind :D  ;D ;D ;D

samson

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 06:20:03 pm »

Nagging maybe? ... like left a bit right a bit no not that way you idiot springs to mind :D  ;D ;D ;D
She is the brains behind the operation, i just shovel sand  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »

She is the brains behind the operation, i just shovel sand  ;D

You mean you just suck in the shiiiiit...gutter clearing that is  ;D

JandS

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 11:27:31 am »
Cheers Smurf. Much appreciated.

I was looking at getting this vac - http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html

They sell a camera kit thats about £200 has anyone else used one of these or would i be better going for the gopro?

I got this system and the camera and viewing screen that comes with it.....the bottom pole has a fixing to slot the screen in at eye height.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Smurf

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2015, 01:55:00 pm »
This says it all really what they are meant for- pic of a baby in a cot. ;D
They are not waterproof/rainproof either as are ment to be used indoors as a baby monitor not used as a so say gutter cam system outdoors.. That is what people  started using a few years back but times has moved alot since then as many  use gopro's as they are upto the job and can take alot of abuse in all weathers.

samson

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 03:22:27 pm »
Cheers Smurf. Much appreciated.

I was looking at getting this vac - http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html

They sell a camera kit thats about £200 has anyone else used one of these or would i be better going for the gopro?
I would go for the gopro, there is a new model out now so the price of the older models will have come down a ;lot !

Smurf

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 11:59:07 pm »
I think I will save £100 and get the Hero 3 from the same seller. What fitting do you use to attach it?

You can use a handle bar mount for a stripped down wfp for gutter surveys etc or roll bar mount for the gutter pole/nozzle

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 12:06:14 am »
If you going to get a gopro then I would say the min spec you should be looking out for is a hero 3+ silver or black if you can't stretch to a new hero 4 silver or black.

The other option might be to take a gamble and get an sj6000 9 with a  2 inch built in screen

Jamie McNamee

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 07:50:02 am »
Cheers Crapinon, went for the Hero 3+ black in the end, should be here in a few days.

Smurf

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2015, 09:28:57 am »
Cheers Crapinon, went for the Hero 3+ black in the end, should be here in a few days.

Nice one  ;)

JandS

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2015, 12:57:27 pm »
Works fine for me.

Smurf

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:27 pm »
Works fine for me.

I'm not saying they don't work but from experience I'm just saying they don't last very long as I've tried  many types of so say gutter camera systems over the years that either broke or just decided to pack in.  Mind you working out in all weathers including heavy rain did not help matters much. Oops!  ;D

Smurf

Re: What camera / viewer for gutter vac system New
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2015, 12:46:13 am »
I've found using a gopro the image quality is a much higher spec than a wifi cam/dvr  baby monitor. The vid clips you take using a gopro you can crop quality still images from them or just take high res pics that can be  used for marketing purposes too.

This example high res image has been scaled down/resized from 5.6 mb to be allowed to upload on the forum .

It's a long way down to be using ladders on that one. Well it's further than most  would want to climb to handball it out  ;D

JandS

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2015, 11:48:49 am »
Had to do one side of two semis last w/e by hand, too tight and virtually a lawn laid in gutter.
Don't think the machine would have done it anyway.
I tend, if not too much hassle, to pop up the ladder for a looksee.