Essex Power Washing

softwash solution
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »
can any body give me your softwash solution please  i have googled it utubed it but no luck have seen some amazing soft wash videos but no solution make up. is it under the national security or am i missing something. can any body who has seen or does soft wash help.

Smudger

Re: softwash solution
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:45:37 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else but I've soft washed with a pretreatment of algoclear on render did a great job.

Also hypo, leave to soak in wash off 30 mins later, quicker than algoclear

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Essex Power Washing

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 08:09:28 pm »
Darren
i get Hypo 15% solution would you use it straight from the container or dilute down if so what ratio

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:11:40 pm »
Definitely dilute it and start from the bottom and work up

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:15:01 pm »
About 3to1 - usually apply with x- jet

Heavy soiling 2to1

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 08:21:11 pm »
Darren, where did you get your x jet from?
I use an old pole at the moment.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 08:35:11 pm »
From the states, don't think anyone over here sells them  :(

Darran

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 08:44:32 pm »
Thought that was the case  :(
Can you remember the total cost?

Essex Power Washing

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 08:52:45 pm »
any other mix with the Hypo , clinging agent or detergents !!

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 10:08:45 pm »
Yes I put a cherry detergent in to help it stick and smell nice (er)

With tax, postage, customs etc about £110,  you could look, get in touch with hugh crane. (Paul) he was telling me they make something similar, but not really looked into as I already have the x jet

Darran

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:57 pm »

Heavy soiling 2to1

Darran
Do you actually spray hypo using a x-jet ?

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »
Essex , if you are referring  to algoclear pro , ratio 1- 40  winter 1-50  other
Results may differ if used  below 8 c  or it rains within 12 hrs after application
Brush or spray on surface

Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Essex Power Washing

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 08:35:14 pm »
thanks all

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 09:23:04 pm »

Heavy soiling 2to1

Darran

Yes

Matt.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 10:25:13 pm »

Heavy soiling 2to1

Darran

Yes

Hello Darren, as you prob no am new to this pressure washing and am learning as I read, with regards to the x jets, I have just googled them and there are a few different bits. If I was to buy from this link what exactly am I buying.

Sorry for the question.

http://powerpressurewash.com/xjets.html

I have family just local who will ship it over for me, is it just the part and hose

Thanks mate

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 11:03:03 pm »

Heavy soiling 2to1

Darran

Yes
What could possibly go wrong  ;D

Cowan

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 11:41:14 pm »
This is something  I am really keen also to invest in, I have done a fair bit of research on the American sites and forums.  Also see 'shooter tips' which they have fitted direct to the lance handle and can reach 4 stories high for cleaning (soft washing) so no need for high lifts etc.

Think they have complete second set ups for this side of the buisness and use chemical pumps rather than pressure washers? The more I looked the more confused I got 😳

Thanks

Matt.

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 09:46:45 am »
This is something  I am really keen also to invest in, I have done a fair bit of research on the American sites and forums.  Also see 'shooter tips' which they have fitted direct to the lance handle and can reach 4 stories high for cleaning (soft washing) so no need for high lifts etc.

Think they have complete second set ups for this side of the buisness and use chemical pumps rather than pressure washers? The more I looked the more confused I got 😳

Thanks

Same ere mate, am just not sure what's  what.
It's all new to me. 

Cowan

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 10:09:54 am »
Think there is a big market for this with commercial buildings and all these new build flats etc with the rendered finish with the correct set up (machine/pump/jet /solution).

Also not sure how the guys that do this regularly ensure any solution drift does not damage any grass, plants, vehicles parked near by etc! Need to ensure the solution rates are spot on, enough to clean efficiently but safe enough to use (spray from ground to heights)!

Anyone with experience of softwasing in UK willing to give advice and info would be great to hear, big ask I know 😜👍

Thanks

Cowan

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:03 am »
Smudger  (or anyone with jet experience like Smudger) - from your experience would the x jet work well with my edge Grimebuster pressure washing rig, it's 200 bar (3000psi) and 15 Litres per min pump with boiler fitted for hot water option? What height would I be able to spray to?

Sorry for all the questions👍 is it just a case of attaching the x jet to a gun and putting the hose in the chem solution and away you go?

Also if I put the x jet chemical hose into a container with 15% SH and some cherry want kind of dilution would be provided at lance outlet? Or do you mix 3 water to 1 SH in a drum and then further dilute with the pump output? Finally at those dilution rates is that save for plants/grass etc (with obvious careful application and not just spraying all over the place!)

If you don't want to divulge all your knowledge from your experience then I fully understand  or if you would rather I called or PM'd you I am happy either way.

Look forward to any advice or guidance - thanks in advance