cleaning4usussex

Pressure washer not drawing water
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:18:19 am »
my 21 ltr gx390 won't draw water through the pipes from my water bin I've opened the tap and fired her up but nothing is coming out ? Help please

cleaning4usussex

Re: Pressure washer not drawing water
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 11:32:44 am »
I found a way of getting it to work if I put the hose up the inlet to the pump whilst leaving the return to tank hose  connected and the other inlet connected the hose pushes the water through then I connect up the last inlet and then it's fine why would this b happening ???
Jamie

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:57:46 pm »
Anyone have any idea why it wouldn't draw from my water tank?
Jamie

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 05:01:43 pm »
How is it set up ? is the inlet plumbed into the bottom of the tank or are you asking it to suck water over the top ? If the filter is clean ? Do you try to draw water at tickover or with the revs up ?

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 06:39:37 pm »
I have my clear water feed pipes which there are 3 off 2 for water from tank to pump the other return to tank these are placed into a wheelie bin when I start from cold I always half choke pull recoil fires up turn choke off before I pull recoil I open the tap up once fired up it use to always pull water through then when all bubbles have gone from pipes I'd close tap off for some reason when I start it up its not drawing through?
Jamie

cleaning4usussex

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54:05 pm »
Purchest from omnipole

Rllewellin

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 10:47:26 pm »
As the previous poster says - it sounds like it is sucking air in to the pump on the inlet hose or connector to the pump.
It sometimes helps priming the pump if you remove the high pressure hose from the pump outlet. Then once the pump is primed, reconnect.
It is best if you are gravity feeding, as you can run the water through the inlet hose to remove all the air before connecting to the pump.
If any of the valves are worn or sticking it will make it difficult to prime, you may also notice a pulsating of the lance and high pressure hose when in use.
Most decent triplex pumps will draw water from a barrel. It is best to use min. 25mm inside diameter water feed hose from barrel to pump to avoid flow restrictions.
Roland Llewellin
www.bepressure.co.uk For 15% discount use promo code CIU2014