Poll

we have had domestic cleans, but what do we charge for general office cleaning?inc vat if reg. i'm not yet.

£7 - £8+ pcph
£9 - £10+ pcph
£11 - £12+ pcph
£13+ pcph
job price not by the hour.

M Walker

Re: office cleaning rates
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2006, 11:36:34 pm »
No sorry Gary just thought it might be more entertaining than this drivel
Regards
Mark Walker
The Exeter Cleaning Company Ltd

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2006, 11:38:15 pm »
To be honest this topic has gone out of hands and I am no longer going to read it.
It is always sad when somebody leaves, CMS is not the first, but I hope to see no more…
All the best,
Arthur

garyj

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2006, 11:42:51 pm »
Hey AJ

BSF

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2006, 11:44:35 pm »
No matter I do not understand you either Why dont we have a poll on who the members prefer that would be interesting  for both CMS and yourself  :P
Regards
Mark Walker

Please Mr Walker, vote for me I dont lie to you, i'm honest, I'd be gutted if I lost the poll, my lawyer has advised me to add the following post/quote, this is my defence, as follow's:

You're very lucky that you can afford to turn down work under 20 hours a week. Some of the newbies can't. Like Lisa, for instance, who originally asked for advice about a job with few hours.

As for the Cost Calculator being a joke.........................as Garyj says, it's possible to manipulate it to suit your needs but you obviously haven't worked that out yet.

It has served me well for 25 years. It's enabled me to build and sell three cleaning companies. In April I will be off to the Carribean for the third time in less than twelve months.

Some joke..........................can you hear me laughing?

What an idiot...............unbelievable  ;D ;D ;D

After having over twenty years experience in managing Cleaning Companies for others we are now about to set out on a new venture with a cleaning company of our own.

Part of our set up will be a web site but (and I really believe this) this will only be for a prospective client to use as a point of reference. I do not expect it to actually produce any business. Nor will we be relying on advertising to do that for us.

Twenty four years of drumming up new business has taught me that there is NO substitute for going out there and knocking on doors.

Please believe me when I tell you that I don't wish to dampen your enthusiasm but I guess you do not have a cleaning industry background.

Build and sell 3 cleaning companies, but CMS the above quote was only 12 months ago, you have been busy!

And its all my fault,, tar and feather me...

Tell you what if he doesnt come back, I'll call myself Karl f West, I'll become the new clean it up God, I can tell you all about building business's up and selling them for a huge profit, I could even use my laptop on the beach in the Car... ib ean?????

and offer advice to you newbies, whilst sunbathing,, afterall its all for a good cause.. ;D ;D

Sorry its just my sense of humour, dont take it to heart, before you all reply.. lighten up!, dont call me names. ;D ;D

Please vote for me :P
Regards

BSF

garyj

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2006, 11:48:01 pm »
I'd quit as well to  support Karl.

But then I'd have  nothing to do all night, and nowhere else would have me.

So I'm staying.

Hey AJ

BSF

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2006, 11:52:39 pm »
Good on you Garyj,  have you decided who your going to vote for? if you vote 4me I'll let you have my spreadsheet for £1.00 per month, its dead good honest ;D
Regards

BSF

M Walker

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2006, 11:53:47 pm »
Ha Ha you have got a great sense of humor I like that if nothing else. I agree not every statement made may tally up with previous posts. But who cares not I for one. Now can you help with the question I have posted in the carpet cleaning section
Regards
Mark Walker

M Walker

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2006, 11:55:35 pm »
You can buy my votes if you like ;D
Mark Walker

garyj

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2006, 12:09:08 am »
Yike, tar is going to be a right git to get out.

What is the carpet made of, as its  commercial I would guess a polyprop, is it ridged or tiles??

I do carpet cleaning, I actually enjoy it :o.  But I do go about things a bit different to some of the pro's over there.  I'd have a go with a very strong solvent like chewing gum remover, or even white spirit and turn the heat right up.
But  if I posted that over there everyone would say I was wrong.

BSF

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2006, 12:15:52 am »
Hi Mr Walker, sorry I dont know anything about carpet cleaning, but I can learn, CMS posted:

92   UK Contract Cleaning Forum / General Cleaning Issues / Re: What kind of carpet cleaning machine should I go for?  on: February 23, 2006, 07:50:35 PM  
Before you decide on the type of machine you should decide on the method of cleaning (of which there are many).

There is the 'dry foam' method whereby you can use a rotary machine with a carpet brush on it. Using a 'high foam' shampoo you will agitate all the dirt and when it dries you just vac it out. I must confess, not my favourite method.

I have always prefered 'Hot Water Extraction' where a spray of 'low foam' detergent is applied to the surface of the carpet and immediately sucked back out, bringing 'some' of the dirt with it. This is quite tiring and doesn't really get down into the pile.

A combination of the two (in the one machine) is, I think the best method. I'm talking about an extraction machine that also has a brush on it that agitates the pile before the solution is sucked back up.

There are many good machines on the market but if your main business is not carpet cleaning and you mostly do domestic work there is one machine that I would recommend.

This is going to surprise you but it's actually a domestic machine, available from Curry's!!!

It's the Bissell Proheat Protech and is great for small areas. It does everything that the bigger machines do but its only drawback is the size of the solution tank. It would be no good at all for large areas as you would be constantly refilling it but for domestic work - great. And priced about £250.00.

Look here............

http://uk.bissell.com/Products/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bissell&category%5Fname=DeepCleaner&product%5Fid=PROheat+Pro%2DTech+Upright+Deep+Cleaner+with+Exclusive+Scotchgard+Protector

are they any good???? (joke) before you take the p##s ;D

I wont lie to you Mr Walker, I know nothing about carpet cleaning,, I use chem-dry,,,,

but try the bissell, CMS said there?,,, their? good ??? ???
Regards

BSF

M Walker

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 12:17:26 am »
Thanks Gary I am offline now as I have been called out for early tomorrow but I will be interested to see how this thread continues. night all

Mark Walker

BSF

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 12:22:04 am »
Yea night Mr Walker, dont forget (Bissell) you can buy one in Currys, think about it b4 u invest so much money, but it will make you a fortune ;D
Regards

BSF

M Walker

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 12:22:36 am »
I have a machine Prochem powermax it is more the type of staining. I do not believe I would trade my machine for one of those bissel ones regardless of who recommended it. but I thank you for trying to help. Now I am definately off to bed I will ctch up with you all Tomorrow no doubt
Regards
Mark Walker

BSF

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2006, 12:27:47 am »
Sorry Mr Walker, I was having a laugh.  ;D
Regards

BSF

garyj

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2006, 12:50:07 am »
Did CMS really post that??

Just as well he left then  ;D

garyj

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2006, 12:51:27 am »
With advice like that he should have been booted off.

BSF

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2006, 12:53:39 am »
Did CMS really post that??

Just as well he left then ;D

He sure did ;D ;D ;D ;D

Before you decide on the type of machine you should decide on the method of cleaning (of which there are many).

There is the 'dry foam' method whereby you can use a rotary machine with a carpet brush on it. Using a 'high foam' shampoo you will agitate all the dirt and when it dries you just vac it out. I must confess, not my favourite method.

I have always prefered 'Hot Water Extraction' where a spray of 'low foam' detergent is applied to the surface of the carpet and immediately sucked back out, bringing 'some' of the dirt with it. This is quite tiring and doesn't really get down into the pile.

A combination of the two (in the one machine) is, I think the best method. I'm talking about an extraction machine that also has a brush on it that agitates the pile before the solution is sucked back up.

There are many good machines on the market but if your main business is not carpet cleaning and you mostly do domestic work there is one machine that I would recommend.

This is going to surprise you but it's actually a domestic machine, available from Curry's!!!

It's the Bissell Proheat Protech and is great for small areas. It does everything that the bigger machines do but its only drawback is the size of the solution tank. It would be no good at all for large areas as you would be constantly refilling it but for domestic work - great. And priced about £250.00.

Look here............

http://uk.bissell.com/Products/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bissell&category%5Fname=DeepCleaner&product%5Fid=PROheat+Pro%2DTech+Upright+Deep+Cleaner+with+Exclusive+Scotchgard+Protector
Regards

BSF

woodman

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2006, 09:55:40 am »
After receiving  complaints I have decided to lock this topic as it has most definitely run it's course.

Personal and abusive attacks on fellow members have no place on this board,please stick to the subject and offer advice and help as when requested.