Poll

we have had domestic cleans, but what do we charge for general office cleaning?inc vat if reg. i'm not yet.

£7 - £8+ pcph
£9 - £10+ pcph
£11 - £12+ pcph
£13+ pcph
job price not by the hour.

BSF

Re: office cleaning rates
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 11:05:17 pm »
Can't you knock off the equipment depreciation/repairs because thats £1200 per year, what about the tabards £158 per year, their expensive for a max of 5 cleaners! dont they last for more than one year or will you insist on new ones?

It does need a wee bit of adapting,, me thinks!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 11:07:55 pm »
Don't know if you took the time to read my reply, but you can change it to suit your own needs.

It is a useful tool, if the prices are too high, adapt it.

Simple

Yea good idea Gary, I'm not bad on excel, I'll do my own, from new.. ::)
Regards

BSF

garyj

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2006, 11:19:28 pm »
Go on then, at least it will stop you moaning for 5 mins.

BSF

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2006, 11:49:09 pm »
yea done it Gary it only took 3 mins, all the best >:(
Regards

BSF

garyj

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2006, 11:52:46 pm »
11:49 pm - 11:19 pm = 30 mins  :P

Well done BTW, are you going to use it now?

BSF

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2006, 12:00:20 am »
???????

can you be more elaborate
 ???
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2006, 12:22:49 am »
Gary BTW, GFN  ;D
Regards

BSF

CMS

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2006, 07:54:57 am »
No CMS I'm not wrong, I can also make very good assumptions from your details,  I wouldnt get a full timer to cover for holiday hours on a contract, so ENICS dont come into my cost, I man the jobs so the other staff can manage the work when a staff member is sick or on holiday, you see I dont take on contracts of less than 20hrs per wk. I manage the contracts so if someone is off, the work is still done.

As I said your cost calculator is a Joke! fact...

Regards

Paul

You're very lucky that you can afford to turn down work under 20 hours a week. Some of the newbies can't. Like Lisa, for instance, who originally asked for advice about a job with few hours.

As for the Cost Calculator being a joke.........................as Garyj says, it's possible to manipulate it to suit your needs but you obviously haven't worked that out yet.

It has served me well for 25 years. It's enabled me to build and sell three cleaning companies. In April I will be off to the Carribean for the third time in less than twelve months.

Some joke..........................can you hear me laughing?

What an idiot...............unbelievable  ;D ;D ;D

shelton

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006, 09:17:41 am »
There we go . .. knew it wouldn't be long.

My English Dictionary defines criticism as;

1 when you say that something or someone is bad; disapproval:
2 when you give your opinion or judgment about the good or bad qualities of something or someone, especially books, films, etc:

Now, opinion;

1 [C] a thought or belief about something or someone:
2 the thoughts or beliefs that a group of people have:
3 [C] a judgment about someone or something:
4 [C] a judgment made by an expert:

It would serve everyone on this forum to respect others lives, choices and opinions.  Entertaining as I find CMS's complete and utter megalomania (description below, word buffs) it is becoming a tad dull.

noun
an unnaturally great desire for power and control, or the belief that you are very much more important and powerful than you really are

But then, I'm a poor, little, junior member, with no right to an opinion (see above) and certainly no rigt to make a criticism (you know where to look).

;D

CMS

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2006, 10:35:24 am »
Can't you knock off the equipment depreciation/repairs because thats £1200 per year, what about the tabards £158 per year, their expensive for a max of 5 cleaners! dont they last for more than one year or will you insist on new ones?

It does need a wee bit of adapting,, me thinks!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

£158 per annum for 5 cleaners is not expensive for uniforms. That's only £30 each. 2-3 tabards each will use up half of that (so they can wash them and look smart). Then there are safety shoes in a lot of places. Do your staff have to go outside to a bin? Do you not give them a company fleece or something?

No, I don't think £30 is dear for a cleaner for a year.

Fox

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2006, 10:40:26 am »
It would serve everyone on this forum to respect others lives, choices and opinions.  Entertaining as I find CMS's complete and utter megalomania (description below, word buffs) it is becoming a tad dull.

Well said Shelton  :)

D woods

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2006, 10:43:48 am »
This is more fun than watching TV

CMS

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2006, 10:54:53 am »
Yes, I suppose the equipment depreciation and repairs is slightly on the high side but don't forget this covers maintenance, replacements, PAT testing etc.

The point we have been asked here is (and to try and get this thread back on topic) what should we really be charging for office cleaning.

The size of your contracts doesn't matter Paul. Maybe you won't take on smaller contracts but it doesn't matter how big or small they are if they're not making you any money.

Maybe we're in it for different things. I build cleaning companies only with a view to selling them on and for that they have to be as profitable as I can make them. The greater the margins the greater the selling price.

For you winning the business to provide you with an income might be the motivating factor.

You wouldn't take on contracts less than 20 hours a week (or whatever it was you said) and I won't take on contracts with margins less than a certain figure.

To summarise (and for the benefit of the newbies).

Supposing Paul had 5 contracts worth £20,000 per annum each, operating on a 20% margin they would be making him £20,000 per annum profit.

Supposing I had 30 contracts worth £2,000 per annum each, operating on a 33% margin I would also be making £20,000 per annum profit.

Except that I would have had to have sold £40,000 worth of cleaning less than him to achieve it.

If he lost one of his contracts he would lose £4,000 per annum. If I lost one of mine I would lose £600.

The point I am trying to make is that we all operate in different ways..........but I know which side of the fence I would rather be on.

DP

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2006, 12:32:06 pm »
CMS
That is the worst example of a business model I have come across and particularly misleading (yet again). You have omitted the "single source" associated cost factor which often completely justify larger works in abundance and continues to do so every day for those who service them.

Any person who has had any real responsibility for budgets in the service industry would know that, especially someone with a £4 million one (what a load of rubbish).

Again you opt for the lower turnover higher gpm as a person who apparently builds and sells cleaning companies, Are you ill!!!

The contradictions are endless.

Ignorance is a poor tool for gathering the flock, but fine for the shepherd who doesn’t know any better.

Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

CMS

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2006, 12:39:32 pm »
Shed? Medals?

It's getting harder to communicate on here  :-\

Now flocks and Shepherds...................I rest my case  ;D

lisa123

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2006, 03:06:51 pm »
can i just say,
i use Karls cost calculator thingy all the time, i just change some of the % or the values to suit, and i can get an idea of how much i should charge per contract.
It has helped me loads when working out a good price to quote.
so there stop squabbling you lot  ;D
i think someone feels a pillock that why they keep ranting on, maybe they are threatened by someone elses thoughts and opinions, get a life loser!!  ;) ;D

BSF

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2006, 03:29:43 pm »
No CMS I'm not wrong, I can also make very good assumptions from your details,  I wouldnt get a full timer to cover for holiday hours on a contract, so ENICS dont come into my cost, I man the jobs so the other staff can manage the work when a staff member is sick or on holiday, you see I dont take on contracts of less than 20hrs per wk. I manage the contracts so if someone is off, the work is still done.

As I said your cost calculator is a Joke! fact...

Regards

Paul

You're very lucky that you can afford to turn down work under 20 hours a week. Some of the newbies can't. Like Lisa, for instance, who originally asked for advice about a job with few hours.

As for the Cost Calculator being a joke.........................as Garyj says, it's possible to manipulate it to suit your needs but you obviously haven't worked that out yet.

It has served me well for 25 years. It's enabled me to build and sell three cleaning companies. In April I will be off to the Carribean for the third time in less than twelve months.

Some joke..........................can you hear me laughing?

What an idiot...............unbelievable  ;D ;D ;D

Dont you mean Caribbean ;D

I'm surprised you have any time for holidays, your always on here!

I'm no idiot, as I said there is a reason why I dont take work on for less than 20hrs weekly, the main reason being: 2 staff doing 10hrs per wk, if ones off the other covers, you see its easy.

The big contracts run themselves, with very little management. Small ones dont.

Please don’t try and make out that your some big successful business man.

I also know that the cost calculator can be modified, but as I said it does need it.

No I don’t supply fleeces and safety shoes to my staff, is that ok with you?

I also don’t try and tell my customers that I have to pay ENICS for my staff and charge them for it, my equipment is tested annually by my customers.

Hope the weathers nice in the carribean???? where ever that is ???

Regards

BSF

CMS

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2006, 03:36:48 pm »
lmao @ pfwest.

What a sad little man............................. ;D

BSF

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2006, 04:06:41 pm »
lmao @ pfwest.

And their you are the big business tycoon coming out with things like that, I'm not so stupid CMS, Its not me that starts name calling people, when that person has all my details at hand.

If I did I could end up getting my fingers burnt.... ;D
Regards

BSF

CMS

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2006, 04:39:20 pm »
lmao @ pfwest.

And their you are the big business tycoon coming out with things like that, I'm not so stupid CMS, Its not me that starts name calling people, when that person has all my details at hand.

If I did I could end up getting my fingers burnt.... ;D

I actually think you must be if you think a silly little 'veiled' threat like that would bother/worry me.

And, of course, to make it in an open forum. I suppose you could have deleted your threatening behaviour but not now that I've copied it into my post.

You really should think a bit more..................

;D

Oh..........and while we're picking up on peoples spelling mistakes, 'their you are' in the context you used it should have read 'there you are'.

Now then, it's been said before by others but I'll repeat it...........'get a life, loser!'