Roger Oakley

Re: Black spots
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 02:05:30 pm »
Blastaway quote
Rubbish! I'd like to see you tackle indian stone with just your H&M. You've got no chance with just water, cold or hot.

Lee, Rob bought the H&M set-up from me, and it will remove lichen with just the heat, I have removed lichen from Sandstone in the past with just heat. It is the heat side of things that makes the H&M so good.
But like you I use hypo, go through about 150-200lts per month.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 07:41:49 pm »
Roger

Thanks for that - Since then it has an increase of flow by 13 LPM as well. I have bought a lot of kit over the last few years, spent all afternoon tidying it up and getting it in order, for phase 2!!!

The H & M was by far the single best investment I have ever made. It is simply staggering in what it can do and I am happy to say it has increased my productivity by at least 40%.

The cut on the turbo nozzle is about ten/twelve inches now and I just seems to cut through absolutely everything it touches.

I am most of the time running it at about 25LPM but knowing I have the additional 10LPM is very reassuring.

To just open the back doors walk 90metres to a point of work, connect the lance and get on with it, knowing that the tank will run for seven days solid @ ten hours per day @ £65.00 of red diesel total. It makes the job just too easy.

Thanks mate!!

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
Lee is just a bully :'( :'( :'( :'(

Rob ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 08:08:05 pm »
by the sounds of this hot and mighty it would do more damage than good to indian stone, touch and baby elephant spring to mind... in my opinion it would be a much better option to use hypo and lower pressure / litres on indian stone.
the Hot and mighty does sound good though, would like to see a pic of it rob? how hot does it get?? What litre boiler is on it? Also I have seen you metion it on other posts and that you have modified it with an upgrade pump / engine? Does this still mean it's technically a hot and mighty?
Is there a link on ebay to one similar to yours mate?

Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 08:23:38 pm »
Rob,

Can you control the revs or do you use nozzle size to drop/increase the flow?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 08:30:23 pm »
I'm washing the van tomorrow.

I will take some pictures tomorrow afternoon and attempt to upload them.

Yes it is still a H & M but it came with a 22LPM pump on a 24 HP Lombardini engine. Still phenomenal for a single operator but when I want two men splitting 22 down to 11pm per gun is a bit pants - that is why it was upgraded.

The engine was being wasted as well. I wanted to put 45LPM but it needs some power for the burner and a couple of other bits and it would have been too close to max.

The boiler is rated at I think 180 degree Celsius but it will not do 35 LPM at that and that is why I had the second return to tank fitted - to dump back to tank so I still got maximum heat.

It now has two 22 mm supplies feeding the pump.

Never tried to see what flow I would get with maximum heat - possibly worth attempting.

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 08:32:51 pm »
Matt

Cannot control the engine speed but there is  a second dump valve fitted which returns flow back to tank so I can determine how much water hits what.

Both the guns have flow restrictors on them and the third gun I have had fitted the same all with quick release connections to the nozzles.

Rob ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:17 pm »
by the sounds of this hot and mighty it would do more damage than good to indian stone, touch and baby elephant spring to mind... in my opinion it would be a much better option to use hypo and lower pressure / litres on indian stone.
the Hot and mighty does sound good though, would like to see a pic of it rob? how hot does it get?? What litre boiler is on it? Also I have seen you metion it on other posts and that you have modified it with an upgrade pump / engine? Does this still mean it's technically a hot and mighty?

Totally wrong mate, no damage to Indian Sandstone, one of the reasons is the lances that come with this set-up., it could hit when I had it 300c which is far hotter then any "hot box".

Matt Gibson

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 08:40:55 pm »
This second tank/dump valve intrigues me  8)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 08:41:55 pm »
Kenny

Possibly similar to this - I know Roger had it imported in a black trailer and that George Podell stopped using the 24HP Lombardin engine. It is in a Transit now with a chimney fitted for the engine exhaust & burner.

The tank will be coming out in the next couple of weeks to fit the recycling set up.

Cheers

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 08:43:40 pm »
Matt

That was put in purely to control flow for a single operator. Most of the time 35LPM would be just too much and I am glad of it because it will use the full tank 1400 litres in about an hour on that.
 ;D
Rob

Matt Gibson

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »
So basically, its got two tanks, two separate unloader valves? So if one person is using it, the other feed off the pump is just cycling back?

Cool... :)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:42 pm »
Roger

Come on what is 300 fahrenheit. Is it 180 Celsius??

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 08:50:48 pm »
Matt

Right on that but one tank at the moment. It went wrong just after I had the upgrade and it turned out that the unloader valve was maxxing itself out, cost me new seals, double pump hose entry, larger unloader valve and an upgrade to all of the return to tank hoses.

Rob ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 09:23:33 pm »

Totally wrong mate, no damage to Indian Sandstone, one of the reasons is the lances that come with this set-up., it could hit when I had it 300c which is far hotter then any "hot box".

karcher hds's with a 21ltr hotbox would do 300f, I don't think 300 degrees c is possible, I would have thought it would just be pure gas and unsafe to use, melting everthing it touches? including hoses, seals in lance etc, even low pressure super heated steam generators only peak at 180 degrees c? To be honest with you though mate the point I was making is that Rob said use a turbo with heat, his machine does 'x' litres per minute and would shift black spots on indian stone, and in my experience a standard 15 litre machine doing 150 - 200 bar with a turbo on would damage indian stone so anything more would definitely damage it, hence the reason I would go for the hypo method... the hot and mighty looks a great machine but theres a tool for every job... although I have never used heat on indian stone, never needed to, and the guy who made the initial post quite possibly doesn't have steam so go for the hypo.

Did you import another hot and mighty? hence the sale to rob? what do you currently use now?
Pressure Washing -

Kenny83

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:04 pm »
I'm washing the van tomorrow.

I will take some pictures tomorrow afternoon and attempt to upload them.

Yes it is still a H & M but it came with a 22LPM pump on a 24 HP Lombardini engine. Still phenomenal for a single operator but when I want two men splitting 22 down to 11pm per gun is a bit pants - that is why it was upgraded.

The engine was being wasted as well. I wanted to put 45LPM but it needs some power for the burner and a couple of other bits and it would have been too close to max.

The boiler is rated at I think 180 degree Celsius but it will not do 35 LPM at that and that is why I had the second return to tank fitted - to dump back to tank so I still got maximum heat.

It now has two 22 mm supplies feeding the pump.

Never tried to see what flow I would get with maximum heat - possibly worth attempting.

Rob ;D

Sounds like a beast!  :o Although, if your kicking out 35lpm would there be any need for heat? :o unless you need chewing gum moved etc
Pressure Washing -

Blast Away

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 09:37:46 pm »
Bully? Me? Get away!  ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 09:53:31 pm »

karcher hds's with a 21ltr hotbox would do 300f, I don't think 300 degrees c is possible, I would have thought it would just be pure gas and unsafe to use, melting everthing it touches? including hoses, seals in lance etc, even low pressure super heated steam generators only peak at 180 degrees c? To be honest with you though mate the point I was making is that Rob said use a turbo with heat, his machine does 'x' litres per minute and would shift black spots on indian stone, and in my experience a standard 15 litre machine doing 150 - 200 bar with a turbo on would damage indian stone so anything more would definitely damage it, hence the reason I would go for the hypo method... the hot and mighty looks a great machine but theres a tool for every job... although I have never used heat on indian stone, never needed to, and the guy who made the initial post quite possibly doesn't have steam so go for the hypo.

Did you import another hot and mighty? hence the sale to rob? what do you currently use now?

I imported the first H&M trailer into the UK, needed for X amount of work, which we did, then used it as and when needed. until sold. What do I use now, 15lt Tech-Clean machine and Karchers. We do mainly decking, furniture and natural stone so don't need the heat or the pressure to clean these.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »
Roger

Come on what is 300 fahrenheit. Is it 180 Celsius??

Rob ;D

Rob
If you look on the heat dial, from memory it is 250-300f, so hot enough for what you need and as you are aware no loss of pressure/flow so that is the gain.

Blast Away

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 10:01:54 pm »

I wouldn't advise anyone to go at something like this with a turbo even at heat. You'll cause damage. Indian sandstone can break up layer by layer.

But I know how you mean Rob with kerbs or general paving at the supermarkets, blackspots can come up with heat.

#hypoking ;)