Cliff perkins

Re: Drought warning
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2012, 07:48:57 pm »
You guys seem to be pressure washing still o is it still ok to do it then ?
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Roger Oakley

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 08:05:04 pm »
You guys seem to be pressure washing still o is it still ok to do it then ?

Cliff
To be honest mate this has been a topic for over the last month or so, I suggest you check your local water companies website, (Veolia for you as you are in Berkshire) and then interpret what the conditions are. First of all though did you apply in writing to Veolia water about what you do, before the deadline in late March to check if you would be exempt?

Cliff perkins

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2012, 09:04:00 am »
No i didnt contact the water board and didnt know i had to
Regards
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

M W.

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2012, 06:00:08 pm »
Mal,

No snow in the London area, no rain either.
To be honest don't need any rain tonight either as I have a deck to oil tomorrow.
hope it kept off for you, drizzled all day here, typical bank holl weather.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2012, 08:42:20 pm »
Mal,
Yep dry this morning so decking all sanded and oiled, the next door neighbours weren't to happy with sanders going at 08:30 but hey get over it. Wish I had took a couple of photos of this one, decking hadn't been touched for about 5 years, and the Yorkstone that I cleaned there yesterday as well was as far as the owners were aware had never been cleaned, circa 175 years old, and it came up a treat, they didn't even know the colours of the stone were there.

Have a good weekend mate.

craig jwc

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2012, 08:20:17 am »
We've just been added to the drought area now in the south west today.

Just spoken to South West Water & was told that we have just over 85% of all our water storage full so no chance of hose bans etc here.

As we pay alot more in water rates they have actually invested it better to make sure we are ok.

This is what I was told this morning & hope it's true.

AC Pressure

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2012, 12:50:15 pm »
We in the West midlands have also been told we are now in a drought however there will be no hosepipe ban imposed on us this year.