D woods

Re: Starting up a cleaning company
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 11:00:03 am »
thats a tad harsh

CMS

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 11:04:03 am »
No it isn't. Do you think it's OK for your Cleaners/Supervisors to take your work?

D woods

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 11:43:33 am »
we have internal procedures in place to stop this ever happening.
But i still think it is a bit strong to say I hope you lose a fortune. The guy is only
trying to provide the best he can for hes family

CMS

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 12:08:48 pm »
I have no problem with that. As I said before, if he wanted to genuinely start a cleaning company I, and many others on here would have supported him all the way.

It's just the manner in which he's done it.

Peter's employer will have invested money in that contract in some way shape or form..............to win it and to service it.

Does Peter care about his employer losing money? Of course he doesn't.

D woods

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 12:33:26 pm »
I have been in the cleaning industry since 1979 and in my experiance everyone
that starts up there own cleaning business trys to take a contract or two with
them when they leave and start up on ther own.

CMS

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 01:25:52 pm »
Well, I have been in the industry for that long too...................

I agree, it happens often.

That doesn't make it right though.

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 02:07:18 pm »
we have internal procedures in place to stop this ever happening...

That is the way forward.  One part of the employement terms and conditions, to which my employees have to agree, says that if they leave my company they cannot work for my customers for at least one year.  If they did I would be in a position to sue them…

D woods

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 02:57:00 pm »
You will also have to get the customer to agree not to employ any of your people for a fixed period as well .

Peter Stevenson

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 03:09:36 pm »
I think you've got the picture now Peter. We have all worked bloody hard to build our businesses. Then you have the cheek to come on here and ask us for advice on how to 'steal' your employers contract.

If you'd have come on here saying you wanted to run a cleaning business and then gone off and won a contract fairly, we would have had far more respect for you. We would even have helped you - well I would anyway.

I hope you lose a fortune. You've already lost your self respect.

CMS, what is your problem? For your information I'm not 'stealing' my employers contract and I'm not sure where this has come from, we as a group of cleaners has decided to start-up our own company and earn our own contracts, I personally haven't forced anyone to leave this workplace and its been a group decision. It seems in regards to your comments you need to grow up and stop judging people who you don't know the full story behind.

clifford

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 03:17:18 pm »
i can understand when somebody is working for a company and thinks this is easy,  i could make alot more doing it myself.

i have respect for anybody that is willing to start there own business because its alot of hard work and it doesnt happen over night,but i can not respect anybody that is willing to steal contracts of an employer!this happend to me but believe me i had the last laugh because he didnt even last 6 months because all the contracts he was trying to get off me the offices were phoning me to let me know!

i let him go told him if he thought it was easy enough then go and try to get your own contracts, he couldnt even get one!

if i was you i would of stuck with earning your £8.50 an hour insted of losing the respct that anybody had for you!!!! :-\

cliff

Peter Stevenson

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 03:27:29 pm »
i can understand when somebody is working for a company and thinks this is easy,  i could make alot more doing it myself.

i have respect for anybody that is willing to start there own business because its alot of hard work and it doesnt happen over night,but i can not respect anybody that is willing to steal contracts of an employer!this happend to me but believe me i had the last laugh because he didnt even last 6 months because all the contracts he was trying to get off me the offices were phoning me to let me know!

This thread is getting well out of context, we know that starting a business is hard work and we are prepared to do this... everybody has to start at the bottom and build themselves up and we know this.

clifford

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 03:30:22 pm »
how are you going to do this then how many of you are going in to business? or is it you on your own and there going to work for you? ???

Peter Stevenson

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 03:39:20 pm »
how are you going to do this then how many of you are going in to business? or is it you on your own and there going to work for you? ???

I don't think I should have to explain myself, but here you go...

We have setup a limited company, all of us have access to our business account. We are a joint team, in relation to one of my first posts on this thread in clearly states that we are only going to several contracts so that all of us have a half decent wage, enough for a annual wage. After that, we are not looking to expand. We will all join in together to build this business and make it work!

clifford

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 03:49:02 pm »
well in one of the earlier posts somebody sugested that you were trying to earn the best for your family.this way i think it would be hard yes u might all be earning a good wage  but then what happens if u loose a contract you all have to wait till you get another till your income goes up again?

M Walker

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 03:58:13 pm »
Hi Peter
 I do wish you success with your venture but I would agree with most off the other posts regarding your previous employer. I myself was working for an employer for many years before I decided to go it on my own in july last year. At first there was suspicion regarding my intentions from my employer however things are getting better in fact we are in a good position. We endeavour to help each other when we can and remain good friends that is far more valuable in the long term than a contract that even if you secure may not last. There is plenty of work around even for new companys however free advice is hard to come by. Your old employer will be an old hand with lots of knowledge you could tap he does not want to make enemies I am glad I have done things this way as I know my old boss respects me and he has and will continue to offer sound and practical advice in all areas its a minefield and a massive learning curve from supervisor to managing director honestly I know
Regards M Walker

Peter Stevenson

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 04:13:30 pm »
well in one of the earlier posts somebody sugested that you were trying to earn the best for your family.this way i think it would be hard yes u might all be earning a good wage  but then what happens if u loose a contract you all have to wait till you get another till your income goes up again?

Well it will most properly happen some where down the line, when it does we will apply for my contracts elsewhere.

M. Walker, thanks for your advice but I currently have no communication with my employer even those I am supervisor, this is one of the things which I am not happy with as I believe there should always be contact between the employer and employees  ::)

Peter Stevenson

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 04:16:47 pm »
and a massive learning curve from supervisor to managing director honestly I know
Regards M Walker

I believe you, although we are prepared to work and get it right. Everyone has to start somewhere...

D woods

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 05:20:14 pm »
Good luck in your new business Peter.

As for stealing contracts every time any of us gets a new
contract we are tacking it of another contractor what is the difference
we live in a competitive society we are not Communists.

M Walker

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2006, 05:56:54 pm »
Absolutley you have already started learning I can see that. This Site will help you through the process Plent of good info here from people with the knowledge
Best of luck
Mark

Peter Stevenson

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 06:00:01 pm »
Absolutley you have already started learning I can see that. This Site will help you through the process Plent of good info here from people with the knowledge
Best of luck
Mark

Thanks again Mark.

Good luck in your new business Peter.

As for stealing contracts every time any of us gets a new
contract we are tacking it of another contractor what is the difference
we live in a competitive society we are not Communists.

I'm confused, who am I stealing a contract from?