Ryan Horton

Oven Cleaning Without Dip tank
« on: December 09, 2011, 02:48:27 pm »
Hi everyone,

Hope this post is in the right area,if not can mods please move :) thanks!

Anyways im looking into starting an oven cleaning business,and i want to do this without using a heated dip tank,
reason for this is i have a mobile valeting business that iv been running for 4 years and do not have room for the tank.

I know that some people do this without that tank and use a BLUE sort of washing up liquid thats strong and safe,i have some of the liquid here and can take a pic if anyone wants to have a look,but its some sort of top secret to what it is! So anyone have any ideas? or if you don't know what it is do you know to a product on the market like it?

This BLUE comes in 5L and you add it to hot water in a plastic dip tray and leave racks to soak in there then give them a good scrub!

Any help would be GREAT!

Thanks Ryan.

Ryan Horton

Re: Oven Cleaning Without Dip tank
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:42:10 pm »
Anyone :)

Griffus

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:06:24 am »
Not going to be helpful I'm afraid but you can't go using chemicals if you don't know what they are.

Look up COSHH for starters but aside even from that, how could you be sure what you intend to use isn't going to blow back in your face and blind you, or maybe give off deadly fumes?

No such thing as 'Top Secret', just ask the supplier for the MSDS sheet. Failing that ask your employer for his COSHH inventory / assessments.

I'm no oven cleaner but I think the serious guys out there all use dip tanks. Have you tried searching on here?

Ryan Horton

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 07:01:20 am »
Thanks Ian,

But thats one of the reasons im trying to also fine out what the product is as you need to know its say,the supplier wont tell anyone what the product is as he says its the only product on the market that you can use with a dip tank.

And both people who i know have been using this product 4 years and dont use a dip tank as they say this way is alot safer also,tryed to search that was first thing i did and nothing.

Bill1903

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:40:18 pm »
Ive been cleaning Ovens for years but couldnt manage with out a heated bath.

You crack on though ;D

Ryan Horton

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 06:17:27 pm »
Lol its more hard work doing it by hand but can be done and they come up mint,its just harder work. they say this blue liquid is less harsh then the stuff you put in a dip tank,but till i know what the stuff is it could be anything,it cant be to harsh as iv had it on my fingers and it was fine,just smells like washing up liquid. thanks

mike roberts

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:07:26 pm »
Hmm confused again  ;D ;D

How have you got this chemical as suppliers have to supply data sheet cant simply say Top secret  ;D ;D

You somehow have this chemical .....no idea what it is ..... so it has no label  ??? yet because someone has said its safe you stick your hands in it  ??? ??? mmmmmmmmmmm (windup ?)

As posted above we used to use a cold solution and we knew what the chem was  ;D excellent results but just took way to long !! compared with hot tank - why not simply use refferal sytem ???

BDCS

jim mca

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 07:52:12 pm »
Ryan

where did you get this chemical from ?
Is there a label on the container if yes what does it say

Jim

Ryan Horton

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 07:52:25 am »
Thanks again people,i got the blue from a lad whos been running his oven cleaning bussiness for 4 years now and he uses it every day as says its safer then a dip tank the bloke who he gets the stuff off has been using it for 6 years with no problems at all.

Our oven was a MESS grills black....but this got them looking like new again after a good scrub,the only way he will let me buy more is to have the training with them and its not cheap 5k. but would be worth it as i would not.need a van then.

Looks like im not going to find out what it is so i can get it cheaper lol,im waiting for chris to get back to me to seebif the 5l bottles have a safty lable on them,if not i wont be using it.

Thanks lads.

BDCS

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 08:52:58 am »
Ask for msds / cosh - as stated above they have to give it by law

Ryan Horton

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 08:58:40 am »
Thanks mate :)

Griffus

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 02:46:51 pm »
Thanks again people,i got the blue from a lad whos been running his oven cleaning bussiness for 4 years now and he uses it every day as says its safer then a dip tank the bloke who he gets the stuff off has been using it for 6 years with no problems at all.

Our oven was a MESS grills black....but this got them looking like new again after a good scrub,the only way he will let me buy more is to have the training with them and its not cheap 5k. but would be worth it as i would not.need a van then.

Looks like im not going to find out what it is so i can get it cheaper lol,im waiting for chris to get back to me to seebif the 5l bottles have a safty lable on them,if not i wont be using it.

Thanks lads.

5K FOR TRAINING OR HE WON'T TELL YOU WHAT HE USES???

He's having you on, or you're having us on  ;D

Ryan Horton

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 03:27:08 pm »
You also get all the kit ect and 6months worth or products,i know.5k is alot but if i can get away with not having a van its worth it.

BDCS

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 04:03:44 pm »
I would have thought £5k would buy a van, tax, insurance, nice dip tank, a website, training and a holiday

Ryan Horton

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 07:15:55 pm »
Really not sure what to do now,i have a van a vw caddy tdi that i run my valeting business with,but cant fit dip tank in there with all the valeting kit in there.

Can anyone.recommend anyone for training in the midlands,if not i can travel if the training is worth it. thanks lads.

BDCS

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:22:15 pm »
Put the oven gear in a small box trailer. I've got a LWB transit thats got a big drain jetter in and I can just fit the big generator with the gutter gear. The pressure washing gear lives in the tow van. The missus drives a SWB transit which we do the bouncy castles out of but I use that for any carpet cleaning and weekends away for racing. I'm going to build a dedicated trailer for pressure washing with the hot box, tank, electric reel, gear locker and the pressure washer.
  When I started I spent ages loading and then unloading the van. Now I've had a plastic tank fabricated for jetter so I can run the pressure washers on remote jobs and for wfp.
  My advice would be to go now and buy a curtainsider or a luton because no matter what van you have it will never be big enough. I will spend the week in between Xmas and the new year racking my new van so I can fit more in  ;)

Bill1903

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 09:02:50 pm »
Put an email up and i'll send you some info if you like

Only a mug would pay 5k for training so dont think about that

Quite a few oven cleaners in Cannock so make sure you do your market reasearch before you shell out any money

The trailer as mentioned would be a good option

Ryan Horton

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:31 am »
There is a few in this area but not as many as valeting companys theres loads of them lol.

Im going to call John from oven brite today and have a chat with him :)

Thanks everyone!

Mike Mahoney

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »
Hi Ryan

Give me a bell, can help you out and save you some money.

Regards

MCM
MIKE MAHONEY

Clean Enviro UK Ltd.
cleanenviro.co.uk
07877 467811