stephen

back to ladders
« on: June 15, 2005, 09:11:38 pm »
got myself a wfp i have used it for 6 weeks it works well and saves a bit of time but i am still geting some runs from the top frame found i was useing a lot of water and wasteing too much time trying to clean the top frame so i have put the wfp away from a month and gone back to the ladders i am now going to give all the frames a good wipe over  by hand some of these frames have not been cleaned for 10 or more years and the muck on the lip on the top opening window is really bad. defeating the odject a bit but when i go back to the wfp i will not have to spend too much time cleaning the frames just a quick wash and rinse.u lot might not agree but i think this is the best way to clean frames and i know the job is done right and it will be worth it in the long term ;D

pjulk

Re: back to ladders
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 10:45:11 pm »
Stephen

What i have done with some jobs i have picked up that have really dirty frames is go over with an applicator on a pole dipped in GG4 and gave the frames a good scrub with this then went round with my WFP and they came up great.

Paul

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:51:52 pm »
last week i picked up a house, they asked for a price, i have enough work so priced it at fairly silly money

they ummm'ed and arrrrr'ed a little and said "ok"

the windows were real bad, the old lady had died and the house had been empty for 6 years (dont know why)

so i thought about getting my ladder out, but thought again and i just connected the hose upto the outside tap, really cleaned the frames ( i dont normally do the frames, shock horror, but i didnt when i did them normally, so why now, its not that hard to not get any water on the top frame) and windows, really flooded them with normal tap water
then i went over the glass with Pure water
the job came up fairly well, the customer mentioned 1 run, BUT i had explained it might take a clean or 2 to come up real good

stephen

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:04:34 pm »
i have not had many complaints but i was not happy with the runs so decided to give them a good clean by hand it only needs doing once then wfp will keep up with it then ;D

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 08:47:58 am »
i have not had many complaints but i was not happy with the runs so decided to give them a good clean by hand it only needs doing once then wfp will keep up with it then ;D
Thats what I'm going to do on the last clean of ladders. Although it will take me longer on the ladders it will be worth it and save time on the wfp.

Steveyboy