Simon Carter

RO Speed
« on: June 12, 2005, 02:24:59 pm »
If an RO is not up to the job, production wise, what do I do?. I'm pursuing this, as I need to decide, but am not thrilled about the prospect of forking out £500 plus to replace what I have. I need about 1000- 1500 ltrs. per day.
Don't know what it is I have at the moment, except that it takes 20" filters & is probably producing only about 800 a day if that & that's running 24/7.
I understand some kind of additional pump may help. If so, what, & how much will it speed things up. I can't see it doubling production.
Back to the old cheque book I guess. That thing has seen so much action since I binned the squeegee.
Onwards and Upwards...

Old_Master

Re: RO Speed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 02:49:44 pm »
I think you bought your R/O from us Simon?
If so it is possible to add an extra membrane or switch the membranes to higher production ones that have just been introduced both of the above options would give you approx 30% more water a day.The approximate cost for three new membranes would be £150.00.
The alternative is a Merlin which we have for £290.00 but you will also need a DI tank with the merlin.
You could keep the existing system setup and run the merlin at the same time to give superfast water production.

What a terrible situation to be in,
you have gained so much work you have to upgrade your equipment
Imagine what Richard Branson must feel like he bought a shop then another another and then he bought an Aircraft and oh my God he had to buy another one and another and another he must be depressed all the time with his sucess

Simon Carter

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 03:29:26 pm »
You are correct Gly. I did buy my RO from yourself.
Appreciate the humour. I guess I shouldn't winge about having a growing business. It's just that I'm a marketeer, not a technician.
I don't think I'm going to mess about. What's involved with this Merlin, & what the ..... 's a RHOMBUS?. More money again!. Any point?.
I have an associate who bought his own RO. We were cadging off him last week to muddle through. Can't do that again. Has to be sorted this week.
Onwards and Upwards...

Old_Master

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 04:19:10 pm »
Hi Simon
Seriously it is good to see people growing their businesses, and I am glad you understood my humour ;D
If you get an opportunity to call us tommorow I will do my best to advise you whats the most practicle and economical solution for you.
Glyn

Simon Carter

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 06:40:40 pm »
Will do.
Onwards and Upwards...