The Bear

Yellow spots and wfp
« on: June 11, 2005, 05:07:58 pm »
Does anyone know what the yellow spots are that are all over the windows. Are they pollen?

Does the WFP get them off?

Roy Harding

Re: Yellow spots and wfp
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 07:15:00 pm »
Yes it is pollen and they take a bit of shifting, rub soak and do again.

Roy

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 09:24:22 pm »
As above
also
this time of year Barba que's can be a pain for WFP espesially if it is under the window I mention the problem to customers and most times they move tham before they use it.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 12:11:14 am »
At least you've got Wfp to remove bbq grime.

Try doing it on georgians by hand! >:(

Roger.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 09:00:23 am »
The pollen is bee poo, if you are unlucky enough to have accounts that are on the regular flight path of a hive it is a real pain, whether you are WFP or traditional these marks are not easy to get off.
The same goes for BBQ grease, you are better off scrubbing it clean with a traditional applicator, particularly if it is a patio door, then either squeegee off or rinse it with your WFP.
I think if it was on a georgian window I would take the sleeve off the applicator and was it with that....unless your aplicator is small enough to fit inside panes of course. Then I would rinse with the WFP.
At one time my own gas BBQ was underneath our kitchen window, getting those tiny grease spots off actually took several attempts before the window was perfect. If it was for a customer I wouldn't have spent as long on it :-\

And tree sap? I hate tree sap, particularly if I have parked the car under a tree that happens to be dripping it!! :'(
The solution I use for trad work is Unger liquid, so on tree sap I'll squirt a little of it directly onto the brush and scrub the glass with that, seems to work ok, but have to do a fair bit of rinsing.
Either that or I'll put some neat 'car plan' windscreen wash into an old fairy bottle and squirt some of that onto my brush, that seems to do a good job too.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 10:42:19 am »
Forever the innovator!  ;)

Roger.