Patio cleans
« on: June 10, 2005, 12:10:33 pm »
Does anyone add on patio cleans to their regular work - I have been asked to do a large block paved drive and flagged patio - Is it possible to go out and buy a basic washer to do this - I have no equipment and don't want to bite off more than I can chew here
p.s. going away for a few days so apologies as won't be able to reply for a bit

Thanks

marc al

Re: Patio cleans
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 03:12:56 pm »
  You could just hire a good petrol washer and do the 2 jobs on the same day and see how they go

Marc

steve k

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 08:05:04 am »
watched a home improvement programme recently with that big builder who worked with Alan Titchmarsh on the garden programme...
Anyway, he was advising on how to clean patios and he had a 5 litre container of caustic based paving cleaner which he decanted into a watering can and sprayed onto the paving, leaving for 10 mins or so , then he hosed off...not jetwashed...it was amazing, they came up like new. Apparently, you can get this stuff cheap at any builders merchants/B+Q etc.

Steve

s.hughes

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 01:52:48 pm »
watched a home improvement programme recently with that big builder who worked with Alan Titchmarsh on the garden programme...

Steve
Hi Steve
I think your thinking of Tommy Walsh

Steveyboy

The Bear

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 05:14:18 pm »
I wouldn't bother personally.

Stick to what you know.

stephen d

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 08:32:35 pm »
patio/paving cleans can be good add ons,just like gutter/fascias & con roofs(r&w ideal) cleaning.i have a small pressure cleaner £50 from wickes,but for larger jobs hire one. i usually tell my customers that i will complete the job sometime in the next 2 weeks,this way if you get bad weather, thats when they are done.dont be afraid to do extras-but i always ensure that they pay more than my hourly rate for window cleaning otherwise theres no point doing them.

Paul Forster

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 08:44:55 pm »
Hi I work as a grounds maintance contractor but have recently started a presure washig business. With the right equipment (I use a 15 hp 250 bar machine plus turbo lance and flat surface cleaner (total set up cost excluding my van which I owned before £2500) There is good money in this (I can make upwards of £250 a day)

Steer clear of Diy electric washers most are not designed for continuose use and parts like the lance and hose (if not motor will break quickly) also remeber that Diy machines will only shift the dirt leaving behind black/ grey lichen growths.

Regards Paul